It was the thought that counts: DICI forks out 180 dollars to send me Co2 parts
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

It was the thought that counts: DICI forks out 180 dollars to send me Co2 parts

I really wanted this system to work, I had raising working pressure that seem to be connected to my bps settings. I thought it was the CGA 320 connection, so I ask DICI if they could send me the right connections.

I am not the only person that experience this problem, same-store, same- manufacture, same problem. I been told that it could be internal, a leak or maybe a broken poppet. For safety reasons, I give up.

But anyways, if for some reason you MUST buy an oversea regulator then go with DICI.

They sent me a USP Express shipment from China to Toronto in less than 3 days. It took another week for them to ok the COD charges, which turn out to be..... 180 dollars.

Content:

1 Blue Bubble Counter (Missing O ring)
1 Silver Bubble Counter (Missing O ring)

Also I'm missing the O ring, it's 5mm ID / 8mm OD and 1mm thickness.

1 CGA 320 Nut (I measured it, it is in fact the right size)
1 Weird proprietary Stem they use

I had the whole set up running and it gave me the same problems as before. The pressure would never be stable, it will climb over night. I even purge the solenoid and check for dirt. The stem has a filter so I'm sure dirt didn't get in there. I am thinking of taking it apart for the needle valve and solenoid which are both working.

So now I have these:

But they, it's the thought that counts.
FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

They ended up paying for the shipping cost? That was nice.

Now you have two free bubble counters, an o-ring, and a stem/nut.

Think about it this way; you didn't have to pay the $180

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

^ Haha thanks for all the help lately, I'll try not to spam you with too many questions.

Forgot to mention, I have no idea why I put the other CGA Nut in the picture. Their old bubble counter was chrome painted (not really chrome), the new ones they sent me is anodized aluminum which has a much brighter shine to it.

Oh and you know those Parker H3 needle valve, well I got a full refund because the shipment got sent back to the seller. He refunded me in full once USPS tracking had it back at the sorting depot. Nice seller, I wish I got the Parker tho. Now I need to find a new needle valve Arghh such is life in Canada.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
exv152
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
^ Haha thanks for all the help lately, I'll try not to spam you with too many questions.

Forgot to mention, I have no idea why I put the other CGA Nut in the picture. Their old bubble counter was chrome painted (not really chrome), the new ones they sent me is anodized aluminum which has a much brighter shine to it.

Oh and you know those Parker H3 needle valve, well I got a full refund because the shipment got sent back to the seller. He refunded me in full once USPS tracking had it back at the sorting depot. Nice seller, I wish I got the Parker tho. Now I need to find a new needle valve Arghh such is life in Canada.
Hey FHF, wow, how nice of them. I doubt DICI will do the same for my hunk of junk, now that they know it'll cost 'em $180, LOL!. But at least I managed to salvage a couple of parts - noteably the BC and solenoid. Lesson learned. I'm sending you a pm regarding the parker valves.
7g 30cm cube
33g 50cm iwagumi cube
75g low tech angelfish
exv152 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Is the solenoid working ok? How did you get it off? Mine is welded shut. Anyways, now you know that it's not the Stem / Nut.

Parker metering valve -
The seller told me to keep the Parker H3 free of charge if it shows up but USPS has it going in the seller's direction. I'm trying to get a faster shipment method from him. I don't think he provides anything beside USPS (on the verge of closing), I know UPS will charge brokerage fees and "because we can" fees.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

USPS shipping prices have gone up, so I don't think us folks living in Canada will be seeing any good deals anytime soon.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 AM   #7
blink
Planted Tank Enthusiast

They haven't gone up that much.

I just had a couple things quoted and none of the shipping quotes are really out to lunch.
blink is offline   Reply With Quote