My new planted tetra tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
TetraChelle
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Smile

My new planted tetra tank

A while back I had a 10 gallon tank with just your basic starter items such as silk and plastic plant's, neutral colored gravel and some little fake rock caves. Yesterday my boyfriend helped me get a 20 gallon tall tank and some substrate and he gave me some extra plants that he had cut off from his plants. Before I get into detail the plant's in my tank right now are an Amazon Sword, some small pieces of dwarf hairgrass, 3 small groups of Anacharis, a small starter piece of baby tears and 2 Anubias Nana. I also have a little rock cave for now in there because they loved it in the 10 gallon tank they were in. Anyway, we used Caribsea Flora Max Midnight substrate along with aquarium sand and I have a few little pebbles in there to make them feel like they're more in their natural habitat. I have 6 very pretty Long Finned Black Skirt Tetra's in the tank as well. I am getting some drift wood this weekend for them as well as some other types of plant's, maybe. I will have some more pictures tomorrow and hopefully some better pictures and maybe I can actually get some of my fish in the picture too. Since this is my first planted tank, if anyone has any advice or suggestions on anything, feel free to to comment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130125_011444.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	73114  

Last edited by TetraChelle; 01-25-2013 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: trying to attach pictures
TetraChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice start.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
vvDO
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Good start... Looks like your Anubias rhizomes are buried under sand. This could cause the plants to melt. Bury the roots only but keep the rhizome above substrate.
3+ gallon (40 x 16 x 20.5 cm) aquatic soil, low-tech
Fluval spec V (sitting in a box)
vvDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
CoffeeLove
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Default Re: My new planted tetra tank

Yup good start just lift those anubias up a little.

I recommend a nice piece of driftwood for your centerpiece. When you or if you get a sweet piece of wood you can then tie your anubias to it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
CoffeeLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
TetraChelle
Algae Grower

Thanks guys, I actually hadn't noticed the Anubias. Today my boyfriend brought me a good piece of his extra driftwood that already had some Java Moss attached to it. I also have some baby tears now and something else that I'm not quite sure what it is yet. Also have a small piece of water sprite which are my favorite plant. Went out and got me a bigger piece of driftwood from LFS. Got me some ghost shrimp and 4 more black skirt tetra's as well. I'll have more pictures here in the next couple of days once I get the other piece of driftwood in there. Thanks for the compliments though, really appreciate it.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Your welcome. When you add the driftwood are you going to move stuff around in the tank or leave everything where its at and just put the driftwood in a open spot?

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 AM   #7
TetraChelle
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
Your welcome. When you add the driftwood are you going to move stuff around in the tank or leave everything where its at and just put the driftwood in a open spot?
I've already added the driftwood, actually I added a couple of pieces to just an open space in the tank. I did move some pebbles around and I attached some flame moss onto a rock and placed it next to a piece of driftwood. I have pictures of the tank with the driftwood. If you any suggestions though of how I can rearrange some things to make it look more natural or whatever please comment. I'm always open to new ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130130_171522.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	77746