CRS with Eggs !
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

CRS with Eggs !

After all the fussing over water params since ive had these shrimp (3-4 weeks) i finally found 1 full of eggs !
I dont know if its a coincidence but 2 days ago i placed a piece of cholla wood and indian almond leaf in the tank..... today i find my first berried CRS.
I kind of left the tank alone for a week since i was coming to terms with the fact that CRS would not work for the water i have, now im excited again and fingers crossed the shrimplets survive.

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
stevenjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Puddles
Suspended

PTrader: (26/100%)

congrats!
Puddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Fdsh5
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)

Cool! Keep us updated. I just changed my gravel to fluval shrimp stratum because my yellows are breeding good but my CRS are not having a good survival rate.
Fdsh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

Thank you ! I had basically given up on them and was already planning on setting up a new display tank for some painted fire shrimp.... guess that will be put on hold now.

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Congrats on the berried, but really, that's not the hard part. Getting babies to live and survive is. What are your water parameters like anyways?

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
ChadRamsey
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (54/100%)

Wahoo, now you can sell me some

There are 2 types of people on this forum. Those that have algae, and those that lie and say they don't.
ChadRamsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
MABJ
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (13/100%)
Default CRS with Eggs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeToChKn View Post
Congrats on the berried, but really, that's not the hard part. Getting babies to live and survive is. What are your water parameters like anyways?
Truth. If you have less than ideal params, you'll get a small few if any babies surviving.
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Yeah im trying not to get too excited just incase.
Ph 7.0
Gh 5
Kh 2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRamsey View Post
Wahoo, now you can sell me some
Fingers crossed

Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #9
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

That's not too bad of param's. I've seen people keep them in worse. lol. You may not get 80-90% ideal yields of babies but a few may survive in that long enough to make it through those few critical weeks at the start.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #10
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
That's not too bad of param's. I've seen people keep them in worse. lol. You may not get 80-90% ideal yields of babies but a few may survive in that long enough to make it through those few critical weeks at the start.
Ok great, i have some java moss , cholla wood and indian almond leaf in the tank. Will that be enough food for the little ones for the "critical weeks" ? Also do i just continue my 20% water change every week ?

Old 01-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #11
Hmoobthor
Planted Tank Enthusiast

hopefully the babies survive
Eheim Pimp Club #506
Hmoobthor is offline   Reply With Quote