LED help for a 150g
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
AJ12
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default LED help for a 150g

Im aware there are a few threads out there that may be similar. Im trying to figure out the best LED units to put on my tank. A friend of mine suggested to go to buildmyleds.com. I like the idea of choosing the spectrum, but i could use some advice. I based my choices off of the websites plant LED, but with a few changes. I added two cyan and bumped up most of the 5700k to 6500k, keeping only two 5700k. My fear is that the lights will look very yellow on the tank (which is why i changed many of the 5700ks). Can anyone way in on this? I'm open to suggestions. This would be for a 150 gallon tank (72"x18"x28") and im planning on putting four 36" units. Nothing has been ordered yet, and if any one can chime in on the quality of this companies lighting im also very interested in hearing about that too. Thanks in advance, Alex
AJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote