hello all, new to forum, 29g planted!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
wierdfishguy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Talking

hello all, new to forum, 29g planted!

hello all,

just here to introduce myself. about 7 months ago i decided to get my first tank and see what it was all about. i wanted to do it right so i talked with my LFS before doing pretty much anything and asked them what i needed to do to have healthy fish that werent going to die.

so after much talk i went to my LFS and purchased an aqueon 29g starter kit and a bunch of rad plastic plants. the tank came with everything i needed minus the gravel and fish. got it cycling for a few weeks. once the water was testing right i added 3 phantom tetras and 2 gold rams. i slowly added a bristle nose pleco and a couple amano shrimp. but the shrimp where gobbled up by one of my rams almost immediately.

then i got a little encouraging from the LFS staff and decided to throw a couple live plants in along with a few more fish. im not too good with the names of the plants so bare with me i pretty much asked one of the planted tank gurus at the store what were some hardy easy to grow plants. at this time i also upgraded the light bulb from the stock one to a life glo 6700k 20w bulb.

but now here i am a few months later with a pretty good looking tank IMO. i have all the fake plants out and have gone fully planted! just this week i got a fluval co2 kit and have been trying it out. i was talking with the fish store guy and telling him i was having lots of algae with the new light setup. he suggested a co2 setup to help the plants and hopefully starve the algae. we will see how it goes! right now the bright green soft looking algae has been stopped but i have this black hair like algae that is holding on strong. need some tips for that if you guys have any. it seems to need high light as it only grows on the taller leaves and stems.

anyway heres a couple pictures of the tank. the second one is the front and the first is the back. the tank is on my bar in between the kitchen and dining room so you can walk and see all the way around it. i kept this in mind when arranging the scape. sorry for iphone pics lol.

heres a current run down of everything thats in it.

1 Gold Ram
2 Blue Rams
3 Phantom Tetras
2 Madagascar Rainbows
2 Dwarf Loaches
4 Panda Corys
2 Albino Corys
1 Bristle Nose Pleco

and for the plants i know of:

java fern
a couple types of anubis
the others i forgot or didnt ask when i purchased them feel free to help me out

let me know what you guys think. im open to suggestions and any tips you can give me.
wierdfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
MiniFishRoom
Planted Member

PTrader: (20/100%)

Welcome and nice tank
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Welcome to the forum. You have a good looking tank.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote