Want to start out but so confused
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Steelen
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Want to start out but so confused

Hey guys,

Its my first post been wondering around here for a month or so. Seen some amazing tanks and got some cool ideas. However I am at a loss.

Im a student, who is graduating soon, and hopefully I'll be moving overseas to move in with my fiancee who lives in Florida. I currently live in The Netherlands.
I always wanted to have a tank, I had one when I was younger, but failed big time. Bought a fish that needed piece and couldn't handle stress so it kept on dying.
This one.

Now im way older (10 years or so later) I want to start all over but on a budget. And I read that starter kits usually end up with people just using the tank and throwing the rest away. And here they are pretty expensive, more so than in the US for example. Separate tanks that is.

I will be moving away this year (in 8 months) so I was thinking of a nano tank or something similar. And its going to go on my desk that barely gets any sunlight except from 11.00-13.00. I want to start out with shrimp and build from there. So that when I move I can properly run a tank with lesser issues and more experience.

I was thinking of getting this http://www.petsplace.nl/vis/dieren...

Or maybe get http://www.petsplace.nl/vis/dieren... and buy separate filter, heater and light. But then I wouldn't know where to look at for those items and still come out "cheap".

I set myself a budget of about 100/$135 (1.34) for just the tank stuff (including soil, plants, wood/stone).

Can you guys help me out here?

Really want to get started and do it properly.
Steelen is offline   Reply With Quote