New lens! -EYE CANDY
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Photography


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,414
Default

New lens! -EYE CANDY


Check out what I just got!!
It's a NIKKOR AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED It's so heavy, you can feel the legitimacy of it!

These photos were shot with a 50mm prime.


DSC_0009.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0010.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0013.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0014.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0015.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0016.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr


DSC_0017.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr
orchidman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru
 
Nubster's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Romney, West Virginia
Posts: 3,445
Default

Hellz yeah...one of the best lenses on the planet. Wish I had the jack to get one. Someday. If I go back to shooting a DSLR that is.
__________________
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
TickleMyElmo
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
TickleMyElmo's Avatar
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 807
Default

Sweeet Be prepared to get lots of comments, such as "Wow, I bet you can see to the moon with that thing!".....dont bother explaining it's only a 70-200, they won't get it lol...
TickleMyElmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
shift
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 1,566
Default

Very nice!
__________________
84G - The Osaka Forest
12G Fluval Edge - Celestial pearl Danios, Boraras urophthalmoides & PFR shrimp
5.5G Fluval Chi - Pumpkin shrimplets
10G - CRS/CBS
10G - Red Rilli's
10G - Yellow shrimp
shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Hellz yeah...one of the best lenses on the planet. Wish I had the jack to get one. Someday. If I go back to shooting a DSLR that is.
What do you shoot with? One of those Sony P&S/DSLR hybrids

We got it lightly used for a really good price from a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleMyElmo View Post
Sweeet Be prepared to get lots of comments, such as "Wow, I bet you can see to the moon with that thing!".....dont bother explaining it's only a 70-200, they won't get it lol...
It's nice and hefty! But the focus and zoom are so smooth! I can't wait to use it!! I have a volleyball tournament today, so my mom gets to try to use it, hope she gets some awesome shots of me!
orchidman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
MiniFishRoom
Planted Member
 
MiniFishRoom's Avatar
 
PTrader: (20/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MSP
Posts: 243
Default

Wow, I bet you can see to the moon with that thing! LoL!!

Nice Lens though.
__________________
"Semper Fi"
MiniFishRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Mojo31
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 16
Default

Compensating???

That's the question I get when I pull out my white lenses.

Enjoy the new toy!
__________________
Canon Pimp Club #073
Mojo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru
 
Nubster's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Romney, West Virginia
Posts: 3,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
What do you shoot with? One of those Sony P&S/DSLR hybrids
Yup...moved to the dark side...as of tomorrow, my D300 ships out and I'll be shooting an EVIL Sony NEX-6. It's at the post office waiting to be picked up tomorrow.

I'm keeping my Nikon lenses and the plan is, either to grab the upcoming (assuming there is one) D300/D7000 replacement, or grabbing another D300/D300s/D7000 when the prices crash after a new camera body is announced.

I decided to try the mirrorless and sell my D300 while I could still get a little out of it. Nikon just officially discontinued the D7000 so rumors have it that means a possible replacement is coming down the pipe. Who knows. I figure in a few months or so, I can get another D300 for a couple hundred less than I sold mine for or a D7000 for not much more.
__________________
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #9
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniFishRoom View Post
Wow, I bet you can see to the moon with that thing! LoL!!

Nice Lens though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Yup...moved to the dark side...as of tomorrow, my D300 ships out and I'll be shooting an EVIL Sony NEX-6. It's at the post office waiting to be picked up tomorrow.

I'm keeping my Nikon lenses and the plan is, either to grab the upcoming (assuming there is one) D300/D7000 replacement, or grabbing another D300/D300s/D7000 when the prices crash after a new camera body is announced.

I decided to try the mirrorless and sell my D300 while I could still get a little out of it. Nikon just officially discontinued the D7000 so rumors have it that means a possible replacement is coming down the pipe. Who knows. I figure in a few months or so, I can get another D300 for a couple hundred less than I sold mine for or a D7000 for not much more.
Interesting, haha! Hows the mirrorless life? You should go for D800!!!


Got to try it out a bit today, I love it! And yes, I can see the moon through it- thank you very much! I had a volleyball tournament so my mom got to have most of the fun!
orchidman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #10
Snowflake311
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Snowflake311's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SL Tahoe , ca
Posts: 948
Default

Can't wait to see what the photos look like
__________________
20gal long planted tiger shrimp & RCS, 80gal planted discus community, 100gal SA cichlid delhezi, 7 gal betta, 20gal goldfish grow out.
Snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012