Sorry Gold Fish
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #1
mfurufuru
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default Sorry Gold Fish

So I went to a fair last year and my 3 year old kid caught some gold fish playing one of the carnival games. We took the two fishes home but didn't have anything to put them in. I put them in a large jar and went to walmart to find a more suitable home for them. At the time I didn't know anything about fishes so I bought a 1 gallon hex tank with a crappy filter. I put the fish in there and two days later the fish were dead. Sorry. I know ignorance is no excuse. I feel horrible.

So I was stuck with a empty 1 gallon fish tank. Not wanting the tank going to waste I bought a female betta from petco. This is when I started to actually read about how to properly keep a fish and learned about cycling tanks etc. I did daily water changes and stuck in some Anacharis. The betta still didn't seem too happy so one week later I told my wife I was gonna get a 15 gallon. That is how got into this hobby.
mfurufuru is online now   Reply With Quote