29g "Jagged Peaks" - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #76
gt turbo
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioman72 View Post
ive seen them in a couple stores and all have the same name but i can never find any info on them or anything. they must be called some other common name or just hard to find? idk ether way they are the little peachy orange colored guys with white tipped fins in the pictures.

Could you post a close up pic of them so we could I.D. them?

Outside of that, great scape.
gt turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #77
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyjam View Post
How is the 2213 working for you? I have a 29g as well and I'm in the market for a canister. Props on the scape as well .
it works fantastic, its a nice flow. not to strong that it lakes everything go every were but enough to circulate co2 properly. def a great filter i would buy one again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt turbo View Post
Could you post a close up pic of them so we could I.D. them?

Outside of that, great scape.
thanks and here u go!

_DSC6573 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6572 by marioman72, on Flickr
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #78
Rush3737
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Loved the look of your tank even before any plants were added. In my first planted tank I'm going to go out and find rocks as well, but will using them in a completely different way. I'd eventually like to convert my 29g to a planted tank though and when I do I may very well be coming back to this thread.
Rush3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #79
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Cute fish!
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #80
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush3737 View Post
Loved the look of your tank even before any plants were added. In my first planted tank I'm going to go out and find rocks as well, but will using them in a completely different way. I'd eventually like to convert my 29g to a planted tank though and when I do I may very well be coming back to this thread.
awsome! and thank you, i cant wait for the hair grass to get taller so i can trim it in a sloped bastion. now i wish i put the sand at a sharper slope so i woulnt have to trim it to get it how i want. oh well next time :/

but glad my tank could be some inspiration ! thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
Cute fish!
haha thanks! not to sure what elese i should add i have a nich more room. not use to having such a big tank haha
Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #81
RobMc
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Really digging your tank man. I like the aggressive hardscape and the fish choices. How are the rummynose and glass cats working for you? Loved the look of the glass cats, but they're a bit shy eh?
RobMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #82
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMc View Post
Really digging your tank man. I like the aggressive hardscape and the fish choices. How are the rummynose and glass cats working for you? Loved the look of the glass cats, but they're a bit shy eh?
they dont move around so much, they will venture out every offten from the shelter of the rock but thats rarely. they mostly just school at the base of some of the rock as i have shown in the pictures haha kinda a lazy fish but def nothing else like it out there. but the rummys def make up for the laziness they school hardcore and swim back and forth all day long haha im def think about getting a few more of them large school of rummys look epic! sadly found one dead today :/ but things happen sometimes they cant take the stress and die over time.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #83
alipper
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update !
Old 02-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #84
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipper View Post
Update !
wish i could right now haha but have no power for a while hopfully things dosnt die :/ no heat or anything sadly im praying my fish survive the night
Old 02-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #85
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)

Oh no! I have many friends in Ct, so I know what you're dealing with - take care, stay well, and we will keep out fingers crossed for your tank!
The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
driftwoodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #86
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
Oh no! I have many friends in Ct, so I know what you're dealing with - take care, stay well, and we will keep out fingers crossed for your tank!
not guna be having power until monay night at the least :/ sucks but gota deal with it brainstorming ideas of how to keep the tanks warm, even though one broke last night while all of this happend lol
Old 02-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #87
bennyjam
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
Default Re: 29g "Jagged Peaks"

How did it break? Hope your power comes on asap. Ours went out last night but came back a couple hours later. Got lucky.
bennyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #88
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyjam View Post
How did it break? Hope your power comes on asap. Ours went out last night but came back a couple hours later. Got lucky.
heres my post in my other thread haha

Well bad news for the 10g tank :/ every fish tank goers worst nightmare happened last night in my house. So here what went down. me and a friend of mine were trying to lift the tank a small amount to level it with some small pieces of paper. and as soon as it left the ground, his hand went strait through the side of the tank and all 10 gallons of the water went into my room and emptied into my walls and under the hardwood floor fml right?. but the worst thing of all due to the horrible blizzard we just got the power went out just as all this happened. literately the hand went threw the tank and it turned off. like the cracking glass was a switch or something :::::: so worst case scenario happened. im just glad my 29g didn't break lol.

well i salvaged what i could and was more worried about soaking up water then the fishes safety so i lost about half of the fish and not sure how many shrimp. but all of the plants were safe luckily i guess. once the power comes back on in a couple days we will see what happens. anybody have any ideas to keeping a tank warm with no power lol?? im so f#%$ed
Old 02-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #89
MSG
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

What a horrible set of coincidences.

The only thing I can think of to generate heat with no power is FIRE thanks to all those survival shows. It's cold winter nights like this where I wish I had some sort of fireplace.

No power loss here, just a heaping mountain of snow that I'm finding a hard time removing without the use of a well "maintained" snow thrower. It's turning into ice right now so I'll have to bring out the mattock to chisel it out tomorrow.

Oh, one actual idea in the future is HEAT packs, spare blankets & a cooler/thermos type ice chests to store everything in.

Good luck.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #90
bennyjam
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
Default Re: 29g "Jagged Peaks"

Dear lord that's a hell or a thing to have go down right as you lose power. I would've cried. Haha.
bennyjam is offline   Reply With Quote