The 120-P Reader - Pictures Included (56KWarning) - Page 12
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #166
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Thanks guys! It's still coming along I finally got some lily pipes for the Eheim and replaced the hoses with clear ones today. I also repositioned them on the left side. It's a bit crowded, but I'm getting better flow in all areas now. I also fixed the inline diffuser on the Eheim and fitted it to the outlet rather than the intake. All equipment is now (mostly) invisible!

I also cleaned out the inside of the cabinet. It's amazing how fast junk piles up down there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358112593.474797.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	65586
theblondskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #167
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to styxx

Ahhhh...much better! I must stay that I like the switched out lily pipes and tubing. Was it impossible to hang the lights from the ceiling here? Either way, every little step is an improvement.
styxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #168
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks, styxx I used to hang my lights from the ceiling, actually. My ceiling is steeply sloped as they are vaulted in the living room, so leveling is a PITA without adding unsightly turnbuckles. I wanted clean and adjustable, so I went with the bar. If I want it raised, I loosen the conduit clamps and raise it. Leveling is a cinch, too. I just have to finish painting the damn thing, haha... Having tried several different methods of mounting/concealing my lights (hoods, stands, hanging from ceiling, pipes, laying it on top) this is my favorite option by far.

I was going to just bend a light bar, but a couple of things prevented that. Now, I'm glad because the connectors are removable and I can take the fixture off anytime without any trouble. It was a couple extra dollars that - unpredicted - turned out quite useful.

The glass pipes really make the difference for me. I do not like to see anything but the scape, so this is really ideal. Now, I'm considering getting a glass top so I can prevent evaporation - and all the jumpers. Had a rash of them lately. Wonder what's up.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 AM   #169
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

The pipes look great! The clear tubes also help!!!
orchidman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #170
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblondskeleton View Post

The ADA 120-P. Iím pretty sure the P stands for perfect.

I finally stumbled upon what the P stands for in ADA, it stands for "Pool".

ADA 120cm Pool Aquarium. H stands for High, C stands for Cube, no idea what F means though.

But great journal to read!
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #171
IWANNAGOFAST
I see LEDs

PTrader: (33/100%)

F - flat?
IWANNAGOFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #172
Betta Maniac
Wanabe BKK Herder

PTrader: (17/100%)

F = frac/k from the discussions I've seen. Not sure why frac = shallow, but that's clearly waht it means.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #173
Tomasz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Great scape! lots of learning to be had from this. Where did you purchase the glass pipes?
Tomasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #174
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Default The 120-P Reader - Pictures Included (56KWarning)

Thanks, guys frack? Really? Heh, weird. Pool makes sense though.

So, I thought I'd share one of my other tanks, too. I'm really happy with this one, and as of today, it has a new inhabitant! Thanks Couesfanatic!

This is my Do!aqua 45x?x? or my 10-gallon as I call it. About the same dimensions as one. It's been going since summer, and is really growing into a beautiful little setup.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359339715.723210.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	75146

Last edited by theblondskeleton; 01-28-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #175
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh, and For the lily pipes I just got the e-bay cheapies. One set was pretty nice, the other was the really thin glass.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #176
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to styxx

Love that 10G with all the wonderful anubias! I've never been a big sand person, but it looks good here.
styxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #177
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

that does look fantastic, is the new fish dario dario?
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #178
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry - out of the loop for a while!

Overhauled!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367285694.484285.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	135394

I hadn't intended to, but I had a CO2 mishap that was proving quite difficult to recover from. So, I tore down the iwagumi and threw in some shou stone i had lying around, some root wood, turned down the lights and slowed things down a bit.

I had some BBA develop on my rocks before the changeover, so I have reduced my flow and added a diffuser to the tank. Hopefully this will help. Plants are as follows:

Windelov fern
Needle leaf java fern
Narrow leaf java fern
Cryptocoryne wendtii red
Anubias nana
Anubias nana petite
Fissidens sp.
Mini pellia
Eleocharis Belem
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #179
MrAlmostWrong
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Any updates on how the new scape grew in? I'm always interested to see how people handle ferns in their layouts.
MrAlmostWrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #180
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry for the long delay! It's been a crazy school year, and I just finally have a few minutes to update.

No pic at the moment - sorry!

For a couple of weeks after rescaping, I had some difficulty with the layout. The plants were dying back, and things just generally were not looking good. I diagnosed too much light as a culprit and things improved, but not as much as I had hoped.

Then, 3 diffusers died in rapid succession. 2 were cheapo versions of the Atomic diffusers, so that was understandable. They had seen the best of their usefulness. One was an Atomic diffuser that just wasn't big enough for the tank. After getting rid of the XP3 (too much flow was generating BBA in some specific locations on rocks), dialing down the lights, replacing diffusers and adding some red LEDs to the fixture, things are bouncing back - albeit as slowly as ferns generally grow.

This is a long-term scape for me, so I'm looking at a few months of growth before I see what I'd like out of this. I picked up some truly awful windelov from my LFS (overpriced and nearly dead) and the rhizomes are just now starting to send off some new, healthy-looking leaves. The others have gone brown except for the tips, which are oddly enough doing quite well.

I'm still futzing with the light and trying to find the sweet spot with this layout. My CO2 is finally stable, so it's really a question of balancing out the light.

My crypts are throwing very long petioles with smallish blades, and I'm assuming this is from light issues? Here is the oddity: there are some that are growing very tall very quickly, and some that have thrown a lot of very tiny leaves (8-9 leaves at 2-3 inches in total length, versus 5-6 leaves 6-10 inches in length). Many of these are right next to one another. two of these are a few inches away from my diffuser and have 2-3 leaves about 2-3 inches in length. I'm really confused by what's going on there.

At best, I can assume there is a light/flow issue going on, but how to address it I have no idea. It'll take some creative brainstorming, I guess.

Overall, however the scape is looking pretty decent. I have some new residents: some juvenile Bosemani rainbows (2 males, 2 females) and a couple of German Blue Rams. I'll be adding to this group as time goes on. Amanos, corys, otos, and a school of glowlight tetras round out the mix. Everyone seems to enjoy the place.