DIY Co2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Aqualady
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Question DIY Co2

Hello all, I am new here and this is the first thread I started. My tank is a 20h, moderately/heavy planted in a flourite and pool filter sand mix. I use root tabs and dose flourish comp/excel ferts I have (2) 13 watt cfl 65000k bulbs. Photosynthesis time is about 8-9 hours, mostly 8 though.

Mix and Equipment
I am using a 64 oz (1.89 liter) Heinz ketchup bottle 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (warm not hot water was used).
This is the diffuser and bubble counter I have
http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Ceramic.../dp/B004GCO35G
http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-88g-CO2...supplies_img_y

History
I been at this for about 3 weeks now. I was getting the gas build up and seeing bubbles maybe 1 every 2/3 secs but it was not going through my diffuser...since then I re-did mix a couple different times and still nothing different from the first. Yesterday I did a soap and water test on all external tubing connections and I did find a very tiny leak around one of the connectors on the bubble counter which was because I had to figure out that I was to pull the plastic thing over the tubing to seal it, so, now, no leaks nowhere. At this time I look into my generator bottle and I can still see little fine bubbles going up so I assumed the mixture is still working.

Today
Still nothing! What do I need to do or am I missing something? I have wasted 6 cups of sugar, 1 whole packet of yeast, some baking soda in 3 weeks.
Aqualady is offline   Reply With Quote