Macro+ oebt = awesome! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (713/100%)

good to hear about the OEBT, but odd with the reds....
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001

PTrader: (387/100%)

What water params are you keeping your Supremes?
speedie408 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/100%)

Thanks Han. And sorry speedy didn't mean to make it sound like it was your stock or anything. I started out with them at ph 7.8 gh 9 kh 8 unknown tds at the time. I was losing 1 to 2 a week for unknown reasons. I never saw any signs of bacterial infection or failed molt. They were in tap so idk if there was something in it. I now keep them in tiger conditions, well almost tiger conditions. I have been slowly lowering the parameters to better suite the tigers. They are now at ph 7.2 gh 6 kh 3. I want to get the kh down another degree which next weeks water change should solve. I drip the new water in on wc as to not shock the shrimp even though I am only lowering a degree.

Once again not trying to say anything was wrong with the supremes on your end. I think I just was not doing something correct.
Forumsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #19
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001

PTrader: (387/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsnow View Post
Thanks Han. And sorry speedy didn't mean to make it sound like it was your stock or anything. I started out with them at ph 7.8 gh 9 kh 8 unknown tds at the time. I was losing 1 to 2 a week for unknown reasons. I never saw any signs of bacterial infection or failed molt. They were in tap so idk if there was something in it. I now keep them in tiger conditions, well almost tiger conditions. I have been slowly lowering the parameters to better suite the tigers. They are now at ph 7.2 gh 6 kh 3. I want to get the kh down another degree which next weeks water change should solve. I drip the new water in on wc as to not shock the shrimp even though I am only lowering a degree.

Once again not trying to say anything was wrong with the supremes on your end. I think I just was not doing something correct.
No need to apologize. I was only trying to get more info so I could possibly help you out. I'm not sure what your tap params are but I can tell you my tap is hard. I just measured 7.7ph in both my Yellow and Orange Neo tanks, with a TDS 390.

Since you've had them, have they been producing for you at all? If they haven't that's a tell tale sign of them not liking the tank conditions.
speedie408 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #20
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/100%)

Good deal, just didn't want you to think I was bad mouthing you. My tap is very hard also but I think there was something in it they did not like. Since switching to di water I have had less and less deaths. I've had them since the beginning of dec and actually just saw my first saddle last night. I think I only have one male left but I'm not going to get more as I don't want to risk mixing new bacteria with the tigers.

They are currently in ph 7.2 gh 6 kh 3 tds right around 200. The tigers and the neos seem to be enjoying this much better as I am seeing a ton more activity. Also I have seen almost 10 successful molts and in 2 weeks I have managed not to kill a single tiger. I am really hoping they keep doing well and don't come down with a bacterial infection like happened to ravensgate. Time will tell I guess.
Forumsnow is offline   Reply With Quote