Rant and Rave!! - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #46
LyzzaRyzz
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (16/100%)

Oh my! Is weather always like that? Does it get any better?
I would never be aw to do it! I have a habit of passing out even in 80 degrees..

LyzzaRyzz's Tanks and More! - http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=226122
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #47
LyzzaRyzz
Planted Tank Obsessed

So, my rant was work tonight. there was a party of 25, on of 30 and one of 35. They ALL needed house salads, and half of them also wanted specialty salads. On top of regular customers. There was an hour long wait at the door...Ive NEVER seen it that busy! I am exhausted!!

Rave: I ordered fish for my 15 gal, They should be here by tues-wends...I CANT WAIT! =]

LyzzaRyzz's Tanks and More! - http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=226122
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #48
Shimagoma
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Shimagoma Send a message via Skype™ to Shimagoma

rant: I hate sports!
Rave: but i really want to see baltimore burn some cars, cmooon baltimore! lets win! we have to impress philly with our trashing of things
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #49
GraphicGr8s
Banned

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimagoma View Post
rant: I hate sports!
Rave: but i really want to see baltimore burn some cars, cmooon baltimore! lets win! we have to impress philly with our trashing of things
+1 Sports (ceptin fishin) = waste of time
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #50
mitchfish9
Planted Tank Nation

PTrader: (3/100%)

Rave - SPORTS(and planted tanks)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #51
LyzzaRyzz
Planted Tank Obsessed

Rant: Unrelenting ammonia in my bedside tank. I just dont understand. So frustrating!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #52
Silmarwen
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Rant: Plants take forever to grow. I should be able to snap my fingers and be done! I'm not a patient woman.

Also, those lines you get when you accidentally trap your hand between a table edge and a lace shirt for a half hour. It looks like I have a rash.

Rave: *untiss untiss untiss untiss strobleights untiss untiss*

10g "Community" of nothing but Danios - 2g (barely) planted Betta - 2.5g Betta - 1g Pond Snail Repository

My aquascape style tends towards 'tall in the back, short in the front, lots and lots of green and stuff. And maybe a rock somewhere...'
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #53
ThatGuyWithTheFish
Suspended

PTrader: (23/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarwen View Post
Rant: Plants take forever to grow. I should be able to snap my fingers and be done! I'm not a patient woman.
You need to try high light/CO2/ferts then.

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"

My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"

RAOK Club #69
Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #54
LyzzaRyzz
Planted Tank Obsessed

Silmar: LOL at your rave! I raved quite a bit when I was younger! =]

Rant: the boyfriend is napping, and I'd like to work on my #%€$* bedside tank, recapping my substrate and replanting!
**come on joeeeeee!!!**

Rave-ish: might be fixing my ammonia problem! Whoo! Well see how it works!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #55
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Rave: people really do have incredible skill in the sacred art of aquascaping. My thanks goes out to all.

Rant: ADA stuff is so expensive………
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #56
Silmarwen
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithTheFish View Post
You need to try high light/CO2/ferts then.
Rant: Monies don't grow on trees! lol

Rave: *untiss untiss untiss discoball untiss untiss*

Rant#2: Until things grow in, I don't have much to rave about.

10g "Community" of nothing but Danios - 2g (barely) planted Betta - 2.5g Betta - 1g Pond Snail Repository

My aquascape style tends towards 'tall in the back, short in the front, lots and lots of green and stuff. And maybe a rock somewhere...'
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #57
Robert H
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

Rave: At various times in my life I have been in a bad situation and had some rough times, and it has been amazing to me how perfect strangers have come to my aid to offer help or assistance that helped me to get through it. From little things to big things. It has made a big difference in my life and at times I have not fully appreciated it.

Rant: I have tried to help people when I can if I am in a position to do so, but I do it without judgement, conditions, or expectations, and I really do not understand people who cannot do this. When I work at a homeless shelter and serve meals, I don't judge them. I don't worry that they are taking advantage of the situation or not taking strides to change their life. If they are hungry I feed them. It does not matter if they appreciate it or not. If I am inclined to give money to someone on a street corner, I am not going to put conditions on it or worry about how they are going to spend the money. Its not for me to judge their life and their choices.

And in a much simpler terms, I look at Raoks here in the same way. I don't care what their motive is in taking the Raok, what they do with it, or what their member status in the community is. If someone takes a Raok from me and turns around and sells it, I don't care. Who knows. Maybe they had a change of heart or desperately need the money- so I still helped them. It is the giving that is important, not how its received. I don't even care what the motives are for the people offering the RAOKs. We are all human with mixed emotions and flaws, and as long as actions are not hurting someone it is not for us to judge. Giving always has a positive effect one way or the other.
RAOK Club #1
Kindness like love is unconditional
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #58
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Rave: UG
Rant: what a pitb to grow
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #59
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

+1

I am also practicing this as offering kindness should never come with strings or expectation. Any otherwise would be self defeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
Rave: At various times in my life I have been in a bad situation and had some rough times, and it has been amazing to me how perfect strangers have come to my aid to offer help or assistance that helped me to get through it. From little things to big things. It has made a big difference in my life and at times I have not fully appreciated it.

Rant: I have tried to help people when I can if I am in a position to do so, but I do it without judgement, conditions, or expectations, and I really do not understand people who cannot do this. When I work at a homeless shelter and serve meals, I don't judge them. I don't worry that they are taking advantage of the situation or not taking strides to change their life. If they are hungry I feed them. It does not matter if they appreciate it or not. If I am inclined to give money to someone on a street corner, I am not going to put conditions on it or worry about how they are going to spend the money. Its not for me to judge their life and their choices.

And in a much simpler terms, I look at Raoks here in the same way. I don't care what their motive is in taking the Raok, what they do with it, or what their member status in the community is. If someone takes a Raok from me and turns around and sells it, I don't care. Who knows. Maybe they had a change of heart or desperately need the money- so I still helped them. It is the giving that is important, not how its received. I don't even care what the motives are for the people offering the RAOKs. We are all human with mixed emotions and flaws, and as long as actions are not hurting someone it is not for us to judge. Giving always has a positive effect one way or the other.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #60
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

Rave - bought a water barrel and designed a lid to filter out leaves and crud and just leave pure rainwater for my tanks (saving money = add another tank)

Rant- it's not rained for a week :-(

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
Closed Thread

Tags
community, planted tank, rant, rave