tetras attacking my new crs
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirayaman View Post
dont the crayfish eat the shrimp?

i got crs cause i like the look not really into going nuts over my water. so i dont
they all are alive and berried and molting they eat alge i got plenty of that hahah. i figure if i get enough. the ones that survive will be strong. but so far havent had any shrimp die just the dam fish attacking them.

i do my water changes.
Ok, I'm lost. So you're CRS are all alive, berried and molting...yet you just put them in yesterday? So were they berried when you got them? Ya know, shrimp don't just die the next day a lot of times, it can take them a few weeks to die from parameters that aren't ideal for them. If you don't know not to keep fish with shrimp that I assume you don't know that parameters for keeping CRS is different than cherries and ghost shrimp.

Folks here tried to help you but your posts sound like you aren't really looking for much help, sorry. Please read the sticky at the top of the shrimp forum, if the fish don't kill all of your shrimp your parameters probably will. You need test kits if you want to do this right. Good luck.

Also don't know where the crayfish question came from but I have crays in with about 50 shrimp...the crays are too slow to catch them. Would I put them with expensive shrimp? Umm no, not worth the risk.
ravensgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.