AquaticLife & Aqueon light fixture question
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
notsogreenthumb
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

AquaticLife & Aqueon light fixture question

I have a new 36g setup that I am trying to do a carpet in, so I have some higher lighting needs than I am used to. I replaced the original fixture with an Aqueon T5 Dual Lamp, each bulb is 6,700k and 18W. I was thinking this will not be enough, so I just went out and bought an AquaticLife dual T5 HO fixture 30''. The fresh water kind that has 1 6000k and 1 650nm lamp in it. (I don't know anything about HO lamps but I explained to the guy at the LFS what I was trying to do and he said this was the best one to get).

My question is do I need to use both fixtures? They don't totally fit, and looks kind of awkward with them stacked on the top of the tank, Even with the full glass versa-top. I don't know if the new aquaticlife one will be good enough alone. And does anyone know anything abiout these bulbs? 650nm? Thanks for your help in advance.
notsogreenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

IDK, but what kind of carpet is it? If it is a moss carpet, then one is fine. If it is high light like HC then definitely use both.
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
CPDzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
notsogreenthumb
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPDzeke View Post
IDK, but what kind of carpet is it? If it is a moss carpet, then one is fine. If it is high light like HC then definitely use both.
It is just basic grass, forget the real name. But there is HC in the tank on DW, not looking to carpet with that.
notsogreenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote