fert for moss? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #16
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadybird View Post
Whoa man, hold up here.
I know how it feels when you're just starting out and looking for advice and a bunch of people tell you you're doing it wrong, and it feels like you're being judged and attacked, but you're not. I promise.

And as for this statement here, you are just plain mistaken, my friend! I myself have had several experiences purchasing from the really nice people here on TPT, and any time it arrived subpar, the seller was super kind and considerate and re-sent the product free of charge!
Just chill out, tuck away the chip on your shoulder, and it'll all work for the best :]
Man I hope so just as with the dead moss in my tank ill keep tryin. THANKS!
newbieplanter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (402/100%)

I think you're a bit mistaken about what forum members are trying to do: help you. Some members told you what you could do to try to revive your moss and encourage new growth. As a member (not just a moderator), I pointed out that it's illegal to import plant matter without proper documentation and encouraged you to support hobbyists inside the United States. It's not more expensive to do so than it is to illegally import plants.

Your best bet is to file an eBay/PayPal dispute with the company you bought from, get your money back and then use those funds to buy moss here on the forum. You'll not only get a larger quantity but it won't be dead when it arrives. An added bonus: It won't be an illegal importation.

Since you're new to the hobby, there's an obviously learning curve and you'll recover from the moss mistake quickly. We're attempting to guide you in the right direction so you get what you want, spend less money getting it and experience as little frustration as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieplanter View Post
Yea I know the prices, sorry but I have to put an end to this whol back an forth thing cuz I'm not getting the info I'm looks for but as my name states newbieplanter I placed one order with them the plants were fine when they got here then I know it was something I did that killed them it was just an expearament cuz I knew my turtles would either kill them or eat em anytime I get anything from eBay I want it fast so yea the store has great sales an prices but the shipping time I hate waiting for so if its any constellation to u or any other mail/ border/ patrol agents I won't be ordering from them any more as was my plan in the first place I'm sorry I offended u or anyone else by not spending my $10 for 3 orders of moss and 1 order of java fern here in the US I also didn't pay shipping. Now u can say I got double the order from them cuz their gonna replace all my plants that died that part I know for fact u will never get here in the US unless its comin from a friend and even then they make u pay for something. Thank You and Goodnight!
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadybird View Post
Whoa man, hold up here.
I know how it feels when you're just starting out and looking for advice and a bunch of people tell you you're doing it wrong, and it feels like you're being judged and attacked, but you're not. I promise.

And as for this statement here, you are just plain mistaken, my friend! I myself have had several experiences purchasing from the really nice people here on TPT, and any time it arrived subpar, the seller was super kind and considerate and re-sent the product free of charge!
Just chill out, tuck away the chip on your shoulder, and it'll all work for the best :]
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
I think you're a bit mistaken about what forum members are trying to do: help you. Some members told you what you could do to try to revive your moss and encourage new growth. As a member (not just a moderator), I pointed out that it's illegal to import plant matter without proper documentation and encouraged you to support hobbyists inside the United States. It's not more expensive to do so than it is to illegally import plants.

Your best bet is to file an eBay/PayPal dispute with the company you bought from, get your money back and then use those funds to buy moss here on the forum. You'll not only get a larger quantity but it won't be dead when it arrives. An added bonus: It won't be an illegal importation.

Since you're new to the hobby, there's an obviously learning curve and you'll recover from the moss mistake quickly. We're attempting to guide you in the right direction so you get what you want, spend less money getting it and experience as little frustration as possible.
Yea I was just thanking u for the info as far as the money I'm not gonna sweat it I am however gonna spend my here just as soon as I get some more which will be Friday plus that will give me more time to start my new planted I got some organic garden soil by miricle grow I just have to either get black gravel or sand or I might just use the kitty litter I have on hand I just hoe it's the right one its oil absorbent 100% natural I have that an thrifty-sorb by the same co. I hope these producs are a good start
Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (216/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieplanter View Post
Yep, their gonna send more to replace it. It's the x-mas moss but i told them to send me some java moss and I'm gonna try n get them to send some flame and weeping moss too. You have any sugestions on how to take care of it me personaly i think it was the water change that did it cuz when i did the last water change the water was colder than normaly what i put in my tank so i think it shocked it or something like that i really dont know.
Be careful. There is a thread on SCAPE that warns members buying plants and moss overseas. Most of it had been confiscated by FDA. One member was caught by surprise when FDA shows up in his workplace and ask questions about the plants he got from aquaticmagic.

I had stopped buying moss from aquaticmagic almost 3 yrs ago when I got notice from FDA that they had confiscated the moss.

A $5 savings is not worth of trouble later on. So, be careful.

Sent from Android-powered device using Tapatalk2
herns is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #20
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by herns View Post
Be careful. There is a thread on SCAPE that warns members buying plants and moss overseas. Most of it had been confiscated by FDA. One member was caught by surprise when FDA shows up in his workplace and ask questions about the plants he got from aquaticmagic.

I had stopped buying moss from aquaticmagic almost 3 yrs ago when I got notice from FDA that they had confiscated the moss.

A $5 savings is not worth of trouble later on. So, be careful.

Sent from Android-powered device using Tapatalk2
Yea I told them to keep their stuff its gonna take too long to get here which is my main thing anyway I got intouch with someone closer aquaticjungle.com I think is the site but I'm still not complete on doin a planted yet I might just stick with my turts an call it a day. The other stuff just went in tha trash after my water change I just got done with so now my tank looks saweeeeeeeet just rocks. Thanks!

Tags
fertiliser, moss, moss stones

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.