125g mud tank back from the dead (now returning to the grave) - Page 223
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #3331
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy199413 View Post
Aww what are you going to do?
some of this:

and a little bit of that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Where did you get those shrimp? Years ago I had some and have never seen them again.
red claw macros. i got them from tpt members awhile back. some of them are huge
The Fraternity of Dirt #2
nonconductive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #3332
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru

Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #3333
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Glad you are still kicking man. Your daughter is beautiful, and your son is quite a handsome man.

I really can't believe what I just saw though. The tank?! EMPTY?!

I did see the new coat of paint and sparkly clean glass. Glad it is getting a second life.
The Fraternity of Dirt #39
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Cable's Madness
Fish tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.
"What the smeggin smeg's he smeggin' done now?!" - Lister
cableguy69846 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #3334
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

when is it going back up? Did a local buddy foster your critters and plants for you?

your kids are crazy cute, as in, they are so cute it is almost painful.
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #3335
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
Glad you are still kicking man. Your daughter is beautiful, and your son is quite a handsome man.

I really can't believe what I just saw though. The tank?! EMPTY?!

I did see the new coat of paint and sparkly clean glass. Glad it is getting a second life.
Thanks, Cable! They're quite the handful.

Yea, I know, it's still empty. I have to work on the 1/4 round and some other stuff before i can work on the tank, or i'll be in trouble lol.... i have been working on it when im home alone tho haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
when is it going back up? Did a local buddy foster your critters and plants for you?

your kids are crazy cute, as in, they are so cute it is almost painful.
Thanks! So I guess 2 negatives really do make a positive. lol Cuz Mom and Dad are a couple of G double O N's. Oliver is going through the terrible two's at 4. Sometimes it's brutal... And Heidi definately is a Daddy's girl as long as Mommy doesnt leave her sight lol.

I thought about asking Harrison to house them, but I figured I'd just do it myself. I split them up in smaller tanks upstairs for now, and all the plants are in tubs upstairs.

It going back up depends on how motivated I am to finish my (wife's) to do list. haha. Going to work on the 1/4 round this weekend.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #3336
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonconductive View Post
Thanks, Cable! They're quite the handful.

Yea, I know, it's still empty. I have to work on the 1/4 round and some other stuff before i can work on the tank, or i'll be in trouble lol.... i have been working on it when im home alone tho haha.

Thanks! So I guess 2 negatives really do make a positive. lol Cuz Mom and Dad are a couple of G double O N's. Oliver is going through the terrible two's at 4. Sometimes it's brutal... And Heidi definately is a Daddy's girl as long as Mommy doesnt leave her sight lol.

I thought about asking Harrison to house them, but I figured I'd just do it myself. I split them up in smaller tanks upstairs for now, and all the plants are in tubs upstairs.

It going back up depends on how motivated I am to finish my (wife's) to do list. haha. Going to work on the 1/4 round this weekend.
Lol. The a-cursed "Honey Do" list.

I think mine started going through the terrible two's at 11 months. *facepalm* Enjoy it while it lasts though. I blinked and my older daughter turned 6 and started school. I missed a lot with that one.

Cable's Madness
Old 01-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #3337
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru

yea my honey do list is never ending lol... just when everything is checked off.....

yea i know its just a part of life, and i cant believe hes going to be 5 this year already. But how do you teach your child to respect authority when i have nothing but disgust for it.

you're lucky then, you went through it early lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #3338
wkndracer
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (68/100%)

Quote:
yea my honey do list is never ending lol... just when everything is checked off.....
oh just turn to the next page already
yea i know its just a part of life, and i cant believe hes going to be 5 this year already. But how do you teach your child to respect authority when i have nothing but disgust for it.
In house respect has NOTHING to do with the world circus. My kids know whats right and realize most ignore the rules of a polite life style.
I blinked twice and my girl has her masters degree, a job and is marrying a frog. My baby boy is now 13. Hi guys!
2-75g planted, 5-55g planted, 5-20g planted, 110g w/30g sump, 8-10g, Refugium, doghouse/newbie
2012 update adding table top pleco pans & a 90g (Nutz)
wkndracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #3339
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Authority=Stucture, perhaps NC? Most people need a structure to live by, which would include scheduling work and free time, and it would logically follow that there would be a hierarchy of those with more experience to instruct those with less experience; ergo, those would be placed into a position of wisdom and power=authority. Ideally-speaking, of course.

I would think that, as an adult, you can control yourself and keep certain ideas or attitudes somewhat hidden. Children cannot. I'm not sure that I would necessarily teach my kids to "obey," necessarily, but to be respectful even in disagreement. We are ALL in positions of "authority" in some way. You are in a position of "authority" with respect to your kids, right? Authority is not a bad thing; inflated Ego, power run amok, greed, and blind obedience are, but they don't have to equate to a definition of authority. Those in positions of authority that abuse it are the enemy. Those who don't are leaders.

Err.....also: I hope that you get this big guy up and running. And soon!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #3340
cableguy69846
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:

That is the nature of the list. It never ends. NEVER.

Lol. She just started. She will be a year on Valentine's Day, and already throwing tantrums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkndracer View Post
I blinked twice and my girl has her masters degree, a job and is marrying a frog. My baby boy is now 13. Hi guys!
Well then, as The Doctor said, "Don't blink. Don't even blink."

Hi, wknd. How's it goin? Where is the 90 gallon?

Cable's Madness
Old 01-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #3341
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

yea, tell me about it! My stepson seems like he was 2 yesterday and now is a sophmore in high school My oldest daughterj ust turned 10. I cannot believe it, sigh.

You know, Damon... i can always home those anubias
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #3342
Indyplanted
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Looks good dude. Whens the planting start?
Indyplanted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #3343
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkndracer View Post
Thanks Mike, It's just that i feel slightly hypocritical for throwing around my authority when if the same was done to me, there'd be a problem. I know he needs it, because he is a child but it's just something i'm dealing with in my own messed up head. a moral dilemma of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaz View Post
Authority=Stucture, perhaps NC? Most people need a structure to live by, which would include scheduling work and free time, and it would logically follow that there would be a hierarchy of those with more experience to instruct those with less experience; ergo, those would be placed into a position of wisdom and power=authority. Ideally-speaking, of course.

I would think that, as an adult, you can control yourself and keep certain ideas or attitudes somewhat hidden. Children cannot. I'm not sure that I would necessarily teach my kids to "obey," necessarily, but to be respectful even in disagreement. We are ALL in positions of "authority" in some way. You are in a position of "authority" with respect to your kids, right? Authority is not a bad thing; inflated Ego, power run amok, greed, and blind obedience are, but they don't have to equate to a definition of authority. Those in positions of authority that abuse it are the enemy. Those who don't are leaders.

Err.....also: I hope that you get this big guy up and running. And soon!
thanks don, I'm trying to teach him to question the hierarchy and not to believe what someone tells you just because they are an authority figure... because like you said, thats an ideal situation, not necassarily an actual situation. power corrupts.

i guess what im trying to get it at, is getting him to make the distinction between what is BS and what isnt. i mean, i'm not preaching anarcho-whatever to him and telling him how to make molotovs (that comes later j/k), but again i don't want him to blindly accept opinions as fact.

Thanks to both you and mike for your responses. I would go deeper into the discussion, but it would not be appropriate for this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
That is the nature of the list. It never ends. NEVER.

Lol. She just started. She will be a year on Valentine's Day, and already throwing tantrums.

Well then, as The Doctor said, "Don't blink. Don't even blink."

Hi, wknd. How's it goin? Where is the 90 gallon?

yea heidi, isnt quite throwing tantrums yet but i can tell its coming... and you are correct the list never ends lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
yea, tell me about it! My stepson seems like he was 2 yesterday and now is a sophmore in high school My oldest daughterj ust turned 10. I cannot believe it, sigh.

You know, Damon... i can always home those anubias
we should all get together, have a few and sob about the years gone by. I still cant believe you have a high schooler, i bet they love parent teacher conferences.

if it takes much longer i might have to rehome them temporarily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyplanted View Post
Looks good dude. Whens the planting start?
when you coming over? haha
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #3344
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru

finally got started on this thing.

suspened the light from the ceiling, installed 2 lights in the cabinet, a gfci, installed the power strips/timers, co2 system and started toying with hardscape.

one set back is that my t5's keep tripping the gfci. its only the second switch that has the majority of the lamps that does it. Google told me this is a common problem among reefers. So do i put a normal outlet back in or run an extension cord 3 ft to an outlet on a different circuit and risk being assaulted by the wife for having an extension cord running along the wall.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #3345
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru

its wet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.