Pre-filter for Lily Pipes
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
DMtankd
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Pre-filter for Lily Pipes

Does anyone know of somewhere to pick up a sleek looking pre-filter for the inlet of a 13mm lily pipe? I currently have a sponge on there, but don't like the look and am also looking for something that will sit up off of the inlet (no pantyhose, etc) and allow small particles to be pulled into the filter, without sucking up shrimp or my tiny, tiny Bororas.

I think I remember seeing a stainless steel mesh type of slip on screener, but can't find one now after a few Google searches. Any tips would be appreciated.
DMtankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
TexasCichlid
Surrounded by Blyxa

PTrader: (27/100%)

h4n sells a nice stainless steel pre-filter on the forums here. I prefer it over the ones that comes from overseas for a few reasons. Is able to intake from the bottom of the pre-filter, won't suck up baby shrimp ( my overseas prefilter is pretty coarse ) and is much narrow in overall diameter so I can fit my intake pipe pretty flush. My overseas prefilter did not fit well and I had to take an xacto to the rubber. His fits perfectly, just rinse thoroughly in hot water and dip one end into boiling water to soften up before putting on.
TexasCichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
DMtankd
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Thank you. Ordering one from h4n now.
DMtankd is offline   Reply With Quote