Walstad vs. Eco-complete - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Substrate

Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #16
Diana
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Gee, thanks for all the nice things you are saying.
I am not Diana Walstad.
I find her book a 'one of a kind', something no planted tank person should be without.

My background is in horticulture, including courses in soils, pests, landscape design, and all sorts of plants courses such as ID, propagation, pruning and others.
I have done a lot of different jobs over the years, but I keep coming back to landscape design and consulting.
I have been/done...
Beekeeping, including doing demonstrations in schools as well as in a summer seminar where school teachers learn more about things to teach their students.
Pest control (was a licensed applicator for a while)
Firewood sales.
Almost every branch of construction, especially if it relates to landscape installation or maintenance. (carpentry, concrete, masonry, electric, plumbing, drainage...)
Apartment manager (more construction experience as in building maintenance).
Caretaker for disabled child and adult.
I have been keeping aquariums and ponds for about 20 years.
I have kept many types of animals: Dogs, cats, horses, chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks, rabbits and of course fish.
I currently work for one of the oldest landscape contractors in my area, mostly doing the Autocad drawings, but I also get out into the field, especially when there is a garden pond or fountain to build.
I really enjoy reading and looking up things on line, so when someone asks a question I have either already researched it, or else want to know the answer myself, so I start looking for information.
Diana is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
Razorworm
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Gee, thanks for all the nice things you are saying.
I am not Diana Walstad.
I find her book a 'one of a kind', something no planted tank person should be without.

My background is in horticulture, including courses in soils, pests, landscape design, and all sorts of plants courses such as ID, propagation, pruning and others.
I have done a lot of different jobs over the years, but I keep coming back to landscape design and consulting.
I have been/done...
Beekeeping, including doing demonstrations in schools as well as in a summer seminar where school teachers learn more about things to teach their students.
Pest control (was a licensed applicator for a while)
Firewood sales.
Almost every branch of construction, especially if it relates to landscape installation or maintenance. (carpentry, concrete, masonry, electric, plumbing, drainage...)
Apartment manager (more construction experience as in building maintenance).
Caretaker for disabled child and adult.
I have been keeping aquariums and ponds for about 20 years.
I have kept many types of animals: Dogs, cats, horses, chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks, rabbits and of course fish.
I currently work for one of the oldest landscape contractors in my area, mostly doing the Autocad drawings, but I also get out into the field, especially when there is a garden pond or fountain to build.
I really enjoy reading and looking up things on line, so when someone asks a question I have either already researched it, or else want to know the answer myself, so I start looking for information.
JK about the Walstad reference Enjoy your posts, concise and informative
Razorworm is offline   Reply With Quote