My 12 gallon tibee tank! A journal of sorts...new pics 11/6/13!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)

My 12 gallon tibee tank! A journal of sorts...new pics 11/6/13!

Wish I could take credit for these but I can't. Picked these up from msjinkzd and got them in a week ago today. A couple of my favs aren't pictured because they were hiding on the sponge filter and I couldn't get a decent shot. They have vibrant white stripes...hopefully I can get pics this weekend to add to the thread. But here are a couple of males and couple of females. One of these females is a bright teal...and there is a matching male in there as well though he didn't get photographed. The other berried female is a dark royal blue...I had hoped they'd get side by side for a shot but it didn't happen. Anywho, I'm so excited about these I can't stand it. They are as blue as my OEBTs. These are crosses between Super Tigers and Wild Bees. They are housed with CRS, CBS, and OEBTs for now. Will be adding Goldens, TT and mischlings in the next couple of months, possibly more I hope to have a fun breeding project going! Thanks for letting me share
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tibee1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	64818  

Name:	tibee2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	64826  

Name:	tibee3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	64834  

Name:	tibee4.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	64842  

Last edited by ravensgate; 11-06-2013 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: changed title
ravensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

And a photo of one of the amanos I got from her as well...yes, he's just as blue as this photo shows. Gorgeous!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	amano.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	64850  

Old 01-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
Merth
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

Awesome...and already berried nice!
Merth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merth View Post
Awesome...and already berried nice!

They were berried when they shipped...again, wish I could take some credit there but can't.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
pinoyghost2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Cool looking shrimps...you can see the bee in them...blue bees by the looks of one of them. Amanos are such cool shrimps I have about 6 of them and they keep the algae in my tank to a minimum. Love the blue hue.
pinoyghost2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Blue bees are paracaridina and I was under the impression that could not crossbreed. These are wild bees (bumble bees) x super tigers, no blue bees AFAIK.

If I am misinformed about the blue bees, by all means, somebody let me know

Last edited by ravensgate; 02-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Pic of the teal and dark blue females together. Depth of field is crap but at least you can see the color difference
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	twotibees.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	357.8 KB
ID:	64882  

Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

NM...just found some info that says they 'may' crossbreed. But these in particular were not crossed with blue bees.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
Chyrol
Algae Grower

PTrader: (17/100%)

Great pics, that amano looks really neat!
Chyrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/100%)

Great looking pics Jaime! Those are some really cool looking shrimp, wish you the best of luck. So you are keeping them in more crs conditions than oebt correct?
Forumsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
pinoyghost2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Yes its possible. They just looked like blue bees to me...I had some and thought they were gorgeous, but very small in comparison to other shrimps...also hid a lot.

Might get some more just to add to my collection Great looking shrimps either way.
pinoyghost2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
Rob in Puyallup
Opae Ula Crazed.

PTrader: (3/100%)

You're correct about the blue bees. I have some,, they're beautiful shrimp, and tiny compared to crystals and tigers.

Are there blue crystals out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgate View Post
Blue bees are paracaridina and I was under the impression that could not crossbreed. These are wild bees x super tigers, no blue bees AFAIK.

If I am misinformed about the blue bees, by all means, somebody let me know

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
Rob in Puyallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumsnow View Post
Great looking pics Jaime! Those are some really cool looking shrimp, wish you the best of luck. So you are keeping them in more crs conditions than oebt correct?

Thank you! I generally suck at getting pics of these guys so I was tickled something actually came out somewhat in focus. The pH in that tank sits at 6.7-6.8, GH 5, KH 0-1. The CRS that are in there came from my other tank that ranged anywhere from 7.4-8.2. I had put them in a 6.5pH tank with a bunch of other CRS I had gotten in and they started losing white FAST and became very sluggish. The new ones (higher grades) loved the pH, just not these. I gave them 2-3 weeks to perk up but they never did. They just didn't seem to like that low pH. I put them in this tank with a slightly higher pH and their white came back and they just seemed happier in general. I'd like to have that pH sit right on 6.8 as that would make everyone happy I think. When I had the larger colony of OEBTs that's what they were doing best in and what they bred in., One of the ones I have left over is one that had berried, and I have one of her babies in there as well.

I'm just blown away how much blue are in a couple of these. And one of them has orange eyes...not glowy orange like an OEBT, but orange nonetheless. I haven't done the research on where exactly the OEBTs came from/developed from but a few of these I have to do a double take when I look at them and when I'm looking for my OEBTs. I don't know what generation tibees these are, but all of them look a little different from each other. A few are plainer, a few have the white stripes on the back, and then a few are these gorgeous blues. Anxiously awaiting the babies so I can see what those look like Since I only have 3 OEBTs right now, and two are females (only hope for male is the baby who is a few months away from being adult), I feel like these blue tibees still give me a chance to get some cool blue babies. And if I can do that and avoid the sensitive OEBTs I may go that route. But man, I DO love my OEBTs. Ahhh, it's a pickle I tell ya! LOL!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Just saw my first little tibee baby wandering the tank! YAY! The momma still has most of her eggs so it looks like this little fella is the first to fly the coop. And he's already out and about and eating. He be strong like bull. LOL! The plainer momma of the 3 is the first to have hers. The teal and dark blue are still holding on to theirs and have a week or more to go if I had to guess. I'm thinking of starting a tank journal on both tanks since they will have just a hodge podge of different shrimp in them. Be a nice way to track things I reckon
Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

PTrader: (107/100%)

I just cannot get into TiBee. They just look like wild mut shrimp to me
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline   Reply With Quote