co2 experiment help!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
joey24dirt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

co2 experiment help!

So im just curious as to how much experience people have had with the fluval mini 20G co2 kit. I bought one a long time ago, then upgraded to the 88G kit. That turned out to be utter sh*t so I ugraded again to a proper co2 setup. This obviously left me with a hardly used mini 20G kit.

Recently i've been toying with the idea of setting up a nano planted tank (possibly Fluval spec19) and making use of the mini co2 kit. Trouble is the supplied diffuser is a big horrible looking piece of plastic which would take up half the tank....

...and now to the point...

....Is it possible to use a bubble counter and glass diffuser with the fluval 20G co2 kit? would the regulator valve give a fine enough level of adjustment to maintain a steady supply of co2? Or does anyone have any other suggestions as to what to do with the kit.

Thanks very much for all feedback and advice
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
Calmia22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

I have heard of people doing this, but the little cartridges run out within a day or two. The diffuser that comes with it is meant to trap the co2 in the chambers, then release it throughout the day which is why it is so big. I have the same kit, mostly unused due to the fact that my brother was checking it out and broke the diffuser. I would go with diy co2 before this kit, it's just a waste of money.
Fluval Flora Pimp #34, 40b Congo Puffer Tank,
75 Gallon High Tech
Calmia22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
joey24dirt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I was just thinking as i have three of the little bottles sat there doing nothing i would try set up a nice tidy diffuser, but if it will run out quicker then i guess i'll stick to using the plastic chamber. cheers