Orphek Planted Tank LED Pendant
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Orphek

Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Orphek Planted Tank LED Pendant

Orphek has released the PR72 Planted Tank LED. For more information contact sales-3@orphek.com

ORPHEK PR72 LED FRESHWATER PLANTED AQUARIUM LED PENDANT

The Orphek PR72 Freshwater Planted Aquarium LED Pendant is a member of the new PR72 family of LED Pendants. Our design goal was to aid freshwater hobbyists in growing beautiful plants without relying on the sun or low PAR florescent tubes. The pendant also serves to bring out the vibrant colors found in some species of freshwater fish.
Freshwater Planted Aquarium LED Pendant.PDF

The LEDs were selected to duplicate the lighting spectrum beneficial for growing aquarium plants rapidly while producing thicker foliage. Absorbing wavelengths in the blue and red spectrum are essential for growing taller plants.

Through Orphek’s experiments and recommendations of aquatic plant experts, we have added two of our specially designed red LEDs which play an important role in the plants ability to produce chlorophyll.

Our diffused lenses and high PAR/Lux levels will allow you to hang the pendant at a higher distance from your plants which will give you more light coverage per square inch.

Our one piece fin shaped combination housing and heat sink rapidly dissipates heat from the LEDs and eliminating excessive heat on your plant life.

The PR72 Freshwater Planted Aquarium LED Pendant is plug and play. The pendant includes a cable with an RJ45 connector for direct hook up to an Apex Variable Speed/Dimming Module (VDM). The RJ45 plug can also be removed allowing connection to interface boards with + and – terminals.

To view videos on this product, please go here. http://orphek.com/orphek-products/pr72-planted-2/

Highlights
  • Highest PAR per watt.
  • 36 high power LEDs tuned for aquatic plant growth.
  • Mean Well dimmable LED driver for improved efficiency and longevity.
  • Wide spectrum red, white, and blue LEDs duplicate the light spectrum required for growing beautiful aquatic plants.
  • Replaces energy wasting incandescent, florescent, and metal halide lighting.
  • Low energy use, typically 30% -50% less than other lighting technology.
  • Aluminum finned heat sink effectively dissipates heat from the LEDs ensuring long life of the electronics.
Specifications

LED Housing

Length: 14.9”(380mm)
Diameter: 6.7”(170mm)
Weight: 2.2 pounds(1kilogram)

Cable
Power cable: 70.8 inches(1.8m)

Electrical
Input voltage: 80-264 volts AC
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power consumption: 66 – 70 watts
Power factor: .97
Power supply: Mean Well LED Driver
Dimming capability: Yes, with Apex, Reefkeeper and other digital controllers.

Lens
Orphek 60 degree lens

LEDs
36 x3 watt LEDs at ~2watt

LED Make up
30 – White (12,000K)
2 – Blue 450-460nm
2 – Orphek special red LEDs
1 – Blue 470nm
1 – Blue 460nm

You can also visit our site here. www.orphek.com

Last edited by JamesEmory; 12-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: picture edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
PRSRocker3390
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Welcome to the forums!

The video links do not work but I'm interested in seeing them. What is the pricing on these? Is there any PAR chart you have or PAR values at certain heights? Seems like it could be a cool light.
Algae Supporter #1 (BBA) - Rena Filstar #150 (XP3/XP2)
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

Hello Rocker,

Here is a link to an exploded drawing of the pendant.
http://orphek.com/led/wp-content/upl...ant.pdf?4c9b33

An article on coverage is here. The PR72 Planted is very similar to the PR72 Reef in terms of PAR. Both are designed for tanks up to 36 inches in depth. There is plenty of PAR to grow even the most light demanding aquatic plants.
http://orphek.com/2012/09/pr72-coverage/

Here are some videos that were taken at the MACNA Convention in Dallas this year showing PAR values of our PR72 Reef. PAR values will be similar for the planted version.
http://orphek.com/2012/09/macna-2012-opening-day/

Thanks,
James
Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

One of our customers tanks using the PR72 Planted LED. Contact sales-3@orphek.com for more information on our PR72 Planted LED Pendant.

Last edited by JamesEmory; 07-02-2013 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: broken link
Old 12-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

Default Orphek Red Model LED Pendant For Planted Tanks

ORPHEK Announces New Product Release.
The Red Model Freshwater Planted Aquarium LED Pendant

LED aquarium lighting is flooding the market with lighting for marine aquariums, most notably reef aquariums. No manufacturer has focused on producing a LED fixture specifically designed for freshwater planted tank enthusiasts. These types of aquariums can be just as beautiful and interesting as reef aquariums with their lush plant growth, driftwood, rock, and the very colorful Characoids/Tetras and their relatives. The Cichlid family is to be included as well with the beautiful strains of Angelfish and Discus that are currently available. Properly set up, these tanks can be very stunning in appearance.

ORPHEK has now filled that void for the freshwater planted tank hobbyists by introducing its new Red Model that is specifically designed and spectrally tuned for growing vibrant, healthy, freshwater aquarium plants. The freshwater plants most desirable by hobbyists are those found around theAmazonBasinsuch as Amazon Sword Plants and other beautiful plants of the Genus Echinodorus.

ORPHEK’s new fixture resembles our flagship model, the PR156, but it has been entirely redesigned. The housing is made out of aluminum and has a very attractive red top, no acrylic is used. The housing contains two cooling fans and two very efficient and proven Mean Well Drivers. There are a total of 56 LEDs used with the light being dispersed by 120 degree lenses for wide coverage which allows the unit to be placed closer to the water surface. Channel one powers 22, 14K white LEDs and 4 of our new red LEDs. Channel two powers 22, 14K white LEDs and 8 blue LEDs. The unit has a power cord for each channel. No timer is included but inexpensive appliance timers can be used to control the photoperiod.

LED selection has been carefully chosen to provide a spectral curve that is most beneficial to freshwater plants. A low level of infra-red light is also provided to further benefit plant growth. The Kelvin temperature averages 13,345K and has an efficacy of 99.601 lm/W.

Spectrograph of the Red Model white LED

Orphek RED LED spectrograph

With proper plant nutrition provided, our Red Model will provide all the necessary light of the correct spectral quality your plants need to grow rapidly, and display healthy, vibrant leaves. A link to a video of our Red Model in an established fresh water planted tank is provided below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyXBn...layer_embedded

For more information on pricing or ordering, contact sales-3@orphek.com

Last edited by JamesEmory; 12-19-2012 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Added contact note
Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Great looking product. I'm a big fan of LED pendents, had these been on the market a year ago I would have strongly considered them vs. DIY.

Looked at your site & did a google search. It's easier to nail Jello-O to a wall than to find the price. You might want to re-think that marketing strategy....just saying'
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

Hi Dogfish,

You will not find pricing because we are a world wide company and pricing is determined by the customers location and the amount of order. On multiple unit orders we generally give a little discount. Sorry for your inconvenience. Yes, they are a nice unit and very lightweight as our LED driver is remote and not installed in the pendant itself.

James
sales-3@orphek.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
Great looking product. I'm a big fan of LED pendents, had these been on the market a year ago I would have strongly considered them vs. DIY.

Looked at your site & did a google search. It's easier to nail Jello-O to a wall than to find the price. You might want to re-think that marketing strategy....just saying'
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
JonWF
Algae Grower

Hi James,

I am going to purchase a ADA 180P aquarium. Its 180cm x 60 cm x 60 cm. It will be a heavily planted freshwater tank in Amano style.

Lighting will have to hang about 16 inches above the water surface. Which of your products would be most appropriate to light that? What would the cost of the fixture(s) and how would you compare the output etc (performance) to the other option i have in mind, which is 4x Marineland LED Aquatic Plant Lighting systems which are 36 inches long each (would arrange them 2 across and 2 wide).

Thanks,

Jon
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

Jon, I have sent you an email regarding your query. James
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWF View Post
Hi James,

I am going to purchase a ADA 180P aquarium. Its 180cm x 60 cm x 60 cm. It will be a heavily planted freshwater tank in Amano style.

Lighting will have to hang about 16 inches above the water surface. Which of your products would be most appropriate to light that? What would the cost of the fixture(s) and how would you compare the output etc (performance) to the other option i have in mind, which is 4x Marineland LED Aquatic Plant Lighting systems which are 36 inches long each (would arrange them 2 across and 2 wide).

Thanks,

Jon
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
VisionQuest28
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (56/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEmory View Post
Hi Dogfish,

You will not find pricing because we are a world wide company and pricing is determined by the customers location and the amount of order. On multiple unit orders we generally give a little discount. Sorry for your inconvenience. Yes, they are a nice unit and very lightweight as our LED driver is remote and not installed in the pendant itself.

James
sales-3@orphek.com
Well, the vast majority of us are from the USA. Lets assume we all want ONE unit. Can we get a price? I have to agree with Dogfish. Having to pull teeth to get a price isnt helping you guys any. At all. Seem like great products, and I am sure there is a lot of interest from many people, but...lets see some prices! PLEASE! lol
Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

We do not put pricing on our site because the price will depend on where the customer is. We actually sell more products to foreign countries than we do to the US and pricing depends on how many units are ordered and if any custom LED configuration is desired. There are also RJ45 cable options for those using controllers such as the Neptune Apex with a VDM module. We can install the cable for a nominal fee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest28 View Post
Well, the vast majority of us are from the USA. Lets assume we all want ONE unit. Can we get a price? I have to agree with Dogfish. Having to pull teeth to get a price isnt helping you guys any. At all. Seem like great products, and I am sure there is a lot of interest from many people, but...lets see some prices! PLEASE! lol
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
VisionQuest28
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEmory View Post
We do not put pricing on our site because the price will depend on where the customer is. We actually sell more products to foreign countries than we do to the US and pricing depends on how many units are ordered and if any custom LED configuration is desired. There are also RJ45 cable options for those using controllers such as the Neptune Apex with a VDM module. We can install the cable for a nominal fee.
LOL, seriously? STILL no price huh? OK here goes a couple more teeth...

I gave you the perfect opportunity to give a price. The easy answer would have been...

US pricing. Base unit, no special configuration, plug and play...$xxx.xx. For customization please contact us for a quote.

SOOOO, lets try it this way....

I have a Solana 34 (20" cube) I am looking to outfit. I would like to go LED, suspended above the tank, with the possibility of doing some emergent growth. Can I get a price for the new Orphek72 Planted Aquarium Pendant, and also for the Red Model Pendant. No customization. I just want to plug it into the wall and go. Shipped to 13044, NY
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #13
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

email sent out to you.
Quote:
LOL, seriously? STILL no price huh? OK here goes a couple more teeth...

I gave you the perfect opportunity to give a price. The easy answer would have been...

US pricing. Base unit, no special configuration, plug and play...$xxx.xx. For customization please contact us for a quote.

SOOOO, lets try it this way....

I have a Solana 34 (20" cube) I am looking to outfit. I would like to go LED, suspended above the tank, with the possibility of doing some emergent growth. Can I get a price for the new Orphek72 Planted Aquarium Pendant, and also for the Red Model Pendant. No customization. I just want to plug it into the wall and go. Shipped to 13044, NY
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #14
VisionQuest28
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Still not sure why its so secretive, but I did get a quote for the PR72 Pendent. They seem very helpful and knowledgeable, and probably great to deal with.

I dont get why they didnt take the opportunity to post a price here publicly. Out of respect for their wishes, and for them being a forum sponsor, I wont put the price I was given here. But if anyone wants to know, PM me.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #15
JamesEmory
Algae Grower

It's not secretive, the price all depends on where it is being shipped to. Obviously we cannot list every country and what the price is shipped to that country. And again, it all depends on how many units are ordered. There are discounts for multiple unit orders which results in a lower price per unit.
Quote:
Still not sure why its so secretive, but I did get a quote for the PR72 Pendent. They seem very helpful and knowledgeable, and probably great to deal with.

I dont get why they didnt take the opportunity to post a price here publicly. Out of respect for their wishes, and for them being a forum sponsor, I wont put the price I was given here. But if anyone wants to know, PM me.