Should I leave feet on my' tank?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
glassguppy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Should I leave feet on my' tank?

Hey everyone, I have an ehiem aquastyle 9, I'm wanting to fill it with water for the first time to test it and check for leaks, see if the filter's working okay and everything. My' one concern are for the little feet that come with this tank.. I have them attached and everything..but will that create problems once the tank is full? I mean, water can be heavy...add in the substrate and maybe some rocks too... I've heard of people having the bottoms of their' tanks come off with fluval floras and ebi's etc... mine's an eheim so I like to think it won't be a problem for me but I'm just not sure and don't want to risk it... I realize the manufacturer included these feet...I'm sure without the idea that there might be a problem.. but you never know... anyway what should I do? I've thought about maybe putting some kind of foam directly under the tank.. not sure what kind. .maybe something i can find at lowe's lol any suggestions?
glassguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Disher
Planted Member

Honestly this never occurred to me when I setup my Aquastyle tank. I stuck them on the bottom, filled it up, and so far so good. I'm not worried about it. If you're still unsure, email the customer service to wherever you bought it.
Disher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
tex627
Sponsor

PTrader: (21/92%)

Eheim didn't put those feet there for no reason. They are meant to hold that weight. In my experience, especially with nano tanks, by having something that stands the tank about where it sits makes it SO much easier to transport!

^^ Click above to visit Aqua Design Innovations, Follow our Twitter, and Like our FB Page ^^

tex627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
glassguppy
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disher View Post
Honestly this never occurred to me when I setup my Aquastyle tank. I stuck them on the bottom, filled it up, and so far so good. I'm not worried about it. If you're still unsure, email the customer service to wherever you bought it.
Is yours the 9 gallon model like mine?
glassguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Disher
Planted Member

The exact same model.
Disher is offline   Reply With Quote