Co2 diffuser types
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
sub-80
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Co2 diffuser types

Hello;

Am getting a co2 diffuser, this Aquili CO2 diffuser but I found this Co2 diffuser from a Chinese website which has Co2 diffusers similar to it, here. Are there a huge difference in quality, are they like air stones not much a difference from brands.
sub-80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
Hardstuff
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have the ista one. It is cheap & does not work well. All the other ones on the page are cheap.
Green leaf aquariums look the best but if you go to their home page they are always out of stock. Sorry I am not much help. The CO2 diffuser is important & most diffusers are cheap & will not last long.
Hardstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (87/98%)

get the super atomizer type.
Bettatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Cig filter in tubing = pretty damn fine bubbles to me. Try it out.
FlyingHellFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
sub-80
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardstuff View Post
I have the ista one. It is cheap & does not work well. All the other ones on the page are cheap.
Green leaf aquariums look the best but if you go to their home page they are always out of stock. Sorry I am not much help. The CO2 diffuser is important & most diffusers are cheap & will not last long.
Gla sells up-aqua.com glass co2 diffuser. And the atomic diffusers creates a co2 mist that most say is unappealing.
sub-80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
etgregoire
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

I know you're probably not supposed to do this, but I was kind of sick of the bubbles in the aquarium. I have a GLA atomic diffuser and it did a decent job, but I wound up just putting it in the filter intake and it does a better job diffusing. I probably should just get a reactor.
etgregoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
freph
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
get the super atomizer type.
This. Alternatively, you could get an in-line CO2 reactor for a little bit more if you don't want to see the diffuser and tubing in the tank. The CO2 mist will be just as fine, but you may find that disconnecting the filter tubing and soaking the diffuser is a pain. You may want to invest in an additional diffuser so that you can always have one clean one to swap in while your other one is being cleaned (I recommend this for all atomic diffusers, not just in-line ones).

Even more alternatively, you could build your own reactor. There are various different builds so you'll just have to read around and figure out which one best suits your needs.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
abc
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

I have the aquatech 3-in-1 diffuser:

aquatech 3-in-1

And the fluval diffuser plus bubble counter.

Of the 2, I like the fluval system better for my paintball CO2 set up. It's more accurate for controlling the bubble rate (bubble counter) and the bubbles diffuse more evenly in the long run. At first, I liked the aquatech version but as soon as the porcelain gets dirty, it distributes unevenly and you get bigger bubbles. You change the porcelain top less frequently with the fluval than aquatech
abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
co2 diffuser