Filter Question
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Grimnokk
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Filter Question

I have been reading through tons of tank journals and other posts here on the board trying to get a good set of hardware put together for a tank I will be setting up in the next couple weeks. After much reading, I am starting to wonder if I will have enough flow in my tank for the plants.

I will be setting up a 75 gallon tank. I currently have a Rena XP3 filter. I was wondering if I shouldn't buy a second one and put both outlets (to canister) in the center of the tank on the back wall and then one return on each end of the tank pointed towards the center. I know that I don't need the "extra" canister for filtration as that is what the plants are for, but I want to make sure that I have enough flow. I also realize that I could accomplish this with a power head. However I don't really want this tank to have large pieces of equipment in the tank.

What is your opinion on this? Is this overkill? Would this be a good option? Thoguhts on the matter please and thank you.
Grimnokk is offline   Reply With Quote