My one year-old tank.....
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Photography

Old 07-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
tetra73
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)

My one year-old tank.....

The tank has gone through 2 major rescaping. At one point, 50% of tank was filled with Temple Leaf plants. Unfortunately, they don't last long enough. Stem rotting or massive potassium deficiency, despite that I am/was regularly dosing potassium. I replaced them, all of them almost, with 2 giant Java ferns and using Ludiwiga reopen for the background. Now, the reopen is growing like weeds!!!! The Chainsword Narrow Leafs are finally thriving really well with 6 inches tall grass.

Canon Pimp Club #005

Last edited by tetra73; 07-19-2012 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: typo
tetra73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Kworker
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

looks awesome. what kind of light are you running? .. i love how its so dense you cant even see the hob intake so in reality no point to spend the cash for a canister when you can just cover up with lots of plants :p
Kworker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
tetra73
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworker View Post
looks awesome. what kind of light are you running? .. i love how its so dense you cant even see the hob intake so in reality no point to spend the cash for a canister when you can just cover up with lots of plants :p

Yes, the tank is ridiculously dense and I am so afraid the reopens near the surface will block out too much light to the bottom leaves. I have mostly now Jave ferns and so it isn't that crucial to get enough light to the bottom of the tank. I am using 2 T5HO totaling 78w. The extra utility light on the side corner is for the front corner as well as getting some light to the giant java ferns. It is only 10w CP bulb.

Canon Pimp Club #005
tetra73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Lukeo85
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

Looks great
Lukeo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.