|01-05-2013, 04:07 AM||#1|
My 1st Planted Tank - Questions
I have a Biocube 29Gal that I am going to re-purpose as my 1st planted tank. I have it cleaned and ready to begin but need some advice 1st.
Things that are important to me:
1. Ease of Maintenance
2. Support fish
3. Low startup and running cost
Equipment I have:
2. 2x 10k 36w Lights (Std BioCube Hood)
4. CO2 Diffuser ($10 glass one from LFS)
I am planning on making a DIY CO2 generator out of a soda bottle.
1. What is a good substrate combo for a beginner? I would like to have variations in height in the tank and not keep it flat. I am also wanting a natural look.
2. Are there issues using limestone rock for decoration, they tend to keep PH in my Cichlid tank?
3. Is CO2 safe tubing and check valve for the DIY generator necessary?
Last edited by tobinmarch; 01-05-2013 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: +Q3