Need an opinion
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
adamar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Need an opinion

Which one of these Canister Filters do you all think is the better one and Why cause I cant figure it out..

1.Marineland Multi-Stage C-220
2.Marineland Magnum 350 pro
3.Fluval 06 Series ( 306 )
4.Eheim Classic 2215
5. Reaction 4 Stage ( EFU-25 )

Last edited by adamar; 01-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: typo
adamar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Aquaticz
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamar View Post
Which one of these Canister Filters do you you all think is the better one and Why cause I cant figure it out..

1.Marineland Multi-Stage C-220
2.Marineland Magnum 350 pro
3.Fluval 06 Series ( 306 )
4.Eheim Classic 2215
5. Reaction 4 Stage ( EFU-25 )
I suppose it depends on your budget & tank size. remember it is better to over filter than under filter and the eheim 2217 has more gph than the 2215. I have a 2215 on a 29 gal & its not really enough flow, so I upgraded that one to the 2217. If you find the flow to be to much it is not a problem because you can easily crank it down. Now have the 2215 as a spare since I do have a number of tanks. I know from personal experience that the Eheim classics are just that classic. I have had some in service everyday for more than 20 years. So there you have it my 2 cents :-)

Aquaticz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
Squawkbert
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

+1

Eheim Classics will run quietly forever. If you don't have room for a 2217 but want that kind of output, put a 2217 impeller into a 2215 head... if you still need more flow, use more coarse media and a thinner layer of floss on top of the stack (but you will have to rinse it out more often) or better yet, add a power head or two.

I have no experience w/ the last option in the original post but would recommend Eheim Classic over the rest of the list.

Victor Regulator pimp #7, Eheim pimp #309
Squawkbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.