NJ shops - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #31
jhays79
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

You guys who say you live up the road from Adams, what town are you in? I'm in Long Valley, on the border of Chester.
jhays79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

I work in Bedminster, on 206. I live near the Lincoln Tunnel. Now I definitely want to hit up Adam's. how much were the crypts? Were they part of that 3 for 12 bucks?
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
10 Gallon - Pure Black Bar Endlers
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco
shloken38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #33
xev11
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

My relative is in Bedminster, took us about 20 mins drive to the shop. The crypts i got were $5.99 each, they didn't mention anything about 3 for 12 to me. Dunno if they just don't have it active or the guy didn't know about it, or something else.
xev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #34
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Where I work, the drive is 10 minutes. I saw on the website 3 for 12 for potted plants. Just hoping they are plants I can use.
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #35
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

I'll post some photos in a bit
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #36
arbai89
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Pet Shanty on route 22 scotch plain is worth checking out.
arbai89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

THEY NEVER mention anything about discounts!

Untitled by laq997, on Flickr

those are the crypts i got from them.. now they all melted and re-grew so that is 100% new growth.. they have multiplied.

i will say their plants do live a long time but THEY HAVE TONS OF SNAILS... their betta have seen better days...

watch the price on supplies (ferts, filter stuff etc) and DATES.. it sits. they have a HUGE turn over of crickets and stuff and creepy crawly stuff in the back (i don't go back there) .. they do have a cute ferret (not that i've touched it, buy my daughter said it was soft) ICK

the morning guy (youngish) is very nice, and knows a TON about fish.
1 betta

Here they are http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...p?albumid=9625

6 gallon journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...208&highlight=

you can see more photos here the 4 8" cubes are on flicker... will get to their journal at some point (they are fun as they change often)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laq/

webdesign: www.littleowlwebdesign.com
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #38
arbai89
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Went to pet shanty today.

Celestial pearl danio - 4-5 dollars per
german blue ram - 7
sid munki loach - 15

just to name a few
arbai89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #39
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So how is the selection in Pet Shanty? Do they have plants? I don't think this place is too far from my job either.
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #40
mach_six
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shloken38 View Post
So how is the selection in Pet Shanty? Do they have plants? I don't think this place is too far from my job either.
If you live near Lincoln, I would htink the Ridgewood store would have more plants than most of these stores combined.

The store is 7 miles from my work in Union and I don't really go down there. Their prices are what i expect for a LFS. I haven't been there since summer but I don't recall much plants. I bought 3 emperor tetras for $5 a piece. One died and became shrimp food and now that I think about it, they've all perished since then.

On your way there, there's Ocean Gallery 2, which was only s/w but during the summer they were expanding and adding a freshwater selection. Not sure if it's anything like their s/w set up since I haven't been back there in a while.
mach_six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #41
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I've been to the ADA store before, and every other store in that area. I was just curious about Pet Shanty because some have said good things and it's not far from the job. I ask about plants because when I go to a store, I like it to have both livestock and plants. Gives me a reason to hang out in there longer!
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #42
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhays79 View Post
You guys who say you live up the road from Adams, what town are you in? I'm in Long Valley, on the border of Chester.
HI, neighbor!

I'm on the other side of town (on the Mt.) while i don't have a HUGE tank, i do have shrimp and clippings if you ever need... just look at the photo tell me what you want and i'll hook you up if i can...
1 betta

6 gallon journal

you can see more photos here the 4 8" cubes are on flicker... will get to their journal at some point (they are fun as they change often)

Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #43
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach_six View Post
If you live near Lincoln, I would htink the Ridgewood store would have more plants than most of these stores combined.

The store is 7 miles from my work in Union and I don't really go down there. Their prices are what i expect for a LFS. I haven't been there since summer but I don't recall much plants. I bought 3 emperor tetras for $5 a piece. One died and became shrimp food and now that I think about it, they've all perished since then.

On your way there, there's Ocean Gallery 2, which was only s/w but during the summer they were expanding and adding a freshwater selection. Not sure if it's anything like their s/w set up since I haven't been back there in a while.
I'm in verona all the time for my daughter's dance classes is the Ridgewood store easy to to from there? I'm a 'country bumpkin' so no parellel parking please...
1 betta

6 gallon journal

Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #44
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The Ridgewood store is up Rt. 17, about 10 minutes North of Garden State Plaza. I was in there today. I bought some Crypt Parva, corkscrew vals, hygro augustifolia and some microsorium-something (forgot which one). Oh, also picked up 2 NICE looking guppies (wifey saw them in the show tank and fell in love!).

The store is definitely worth the trip. They have some really nice tanks set up and a great selection of plants.
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #45
jhays79
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laqu View Post
HI, neighbor!

I'm on the other side of town (on the Mt.) while i don't have a HUGE tank, i do have shrimp and clippings if you ever need... just look at the photo tell me what you want and i'll hook you up if i can...
You're on Schooley's Mtn? I never thought there would be so many locals here! I'm in the Valley by Hacklebarney Park. What shops do you usually go to? I like Adams, simply for its convenience and location.
jhays79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.