In Sacramento. Wanna visit people! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > California

Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #16
accordztech
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty06 View Post
If you only want to stay in sac, go to JOJO's for planted tanks, but if you are looking for larger peice of driftwood then I would go to Exotic Aquarium, and you can try aquaworkz just for soe fun.
yes these are great places! There is also aquarium depot, there isnt much in terms of fish but their products and supplies are cheap. Also if you go to sanfransisco check out albany aquarium, and if you want to go to a ADA store (their service isnt the greatest but they got cool stuff) go to aquaforest.

If you really want driftwood, try and contact plantbrain here on the forums. He is hard to get a hold of but he has excellent manzanita branches on the side of his house. He is here in sacramento.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
Smitty06
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I find the service at aqua forest pretty good, especially if your asian lol. They seem to like to help asian people a lot faster than if your another race IME.
Smitty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
Ebi
Aquatic RASTA Farmer

PTrader: (145/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty06 View Post
If you only want to stay in sac, go to JOJO's for planted tanks, but if you are looking for larger peice of driftwood then I would go to Exotic Aquarium, and you can try aquaworkz just for soe fun.
THANKS so much for the suggestions!

I went into Exotic Aquarium, and made friends easily with the staff. I found a SICK deal on tiger shrimps. 2.99 each. I put them all on hold
Im leaving on saturday, but have to pick them up on Friday. I seen a couple in there with the Orange Eyes.

Also, with JoJo's. Really nice store! Only thing that caught my attention was the Hygrophillia "Sunset" and this other stem looking plant that people use for foreground plant(?). Only tough thing is that the staff said its going 3 stems for 6 dollars. and he said he'll give me a good portions of 2-3 inch.. kinda a tough bargen for the size?

Also, heard that Hygro Sunset is illegal to sell to many states. worth keeping?

THANKS GUYS!
Ebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Ebi
Aquatic RASTA Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordztech View Post
yes these are great places! There is also aquarium depot, there isnt much in terms of fish but their products and supplies are cheap. Also if you go to sanfransisco check out albany aquarium, and if you want to go to a ADA store (their service isnt the greatest but they got cool stuff) go to aquaforest.

If you really want driftwood, try and contact plantbrain here on the forums. He is hard to get a hold of but he has excellent manzanita branches on the side of his house. He is here in sacramento.
Im gonna have to check out those Bay Areas today!

Nick, was still out of town, so maybe next time ill have the opportunity to check out his stock!
Ebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #20
accordztech
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi View Post
Im gonna have to check out those Bay Areas today!

Nick, was still out of town, so maybe next time ill have the opportunity to check out his stock!
Great! How did it go?

If you can really try and get a hold of TOm, you will be spending some cash lol.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #21
Ebi
Aquatic RASTA Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordztech View Post
Great! How did it go?

If you can really try and get a hold of TOm, you will be spending some cash lol.
Hey! LOTS OF FUN!

First checked out 6th Avenue Aquarium.

Didn't dig how they kept the shrimp in "Critter Keepers" with no circulation or whatsoever , just a piece of anacharis for them to hang on. Lots of dead guys hanging out in there. Also, they labeled these shrimp as Orange Bees. But taking a closer look, they definitely looked like tangerine tigers. At 5.99 each or two for 9.99 it was tempting. But the condition/setup they were in made me pull away from them.
Other then that, the shop resembles an Asian Chinamarket feel , having to catch your own fish.
Cool experience though!

As for AFA. Spent about 2 hours in there while the Gf shopped around! Nice to select my Ohko stone pieces! Especially the smaller pieces!
It's like a candy shop lol.

I ended up picking up some lamp eye killis since I have trouble finding them locally. 6 @ $3.49 each normal $3.99 but got them to give me a little discount!
Fun store with lots of planted tank selection!

Heart was beating thinking about picking up my first ADA tank, but gf pulled me away :p

So much fun though!

I leave this Saturday Morning. And I'm worried about these guys :p I asked for an extra bag of water so they can hang in a bucket for the time being >____<"
(Crossing my fingers) hope they'll be fine.

And picking up my tiger shrimp tmr.

Where do I contact Tom?? Lol

An thanks really for everything!

My trip wouldn't have been worth the while if it wasn't for your guys help!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #22
accordztech
Wannabe Guru

I dont know why I didnt see this thread earlier.

But im glad you had a good visit. We have great LFS here and im glad you had fun.