Happy new year indeed! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #16
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/100%)

Thanks betta I think I will be holding off on the ugf at least until I switch the tank to do bkk and this won't be for quite some time. The idea of all the work involved is not to pleasing, not to mention aqua soil is damn expensive.
Been thinking about this tank for the past couple days. I am still planning to buy everything now but I think I will be holding off quite some time to set it up. I really want to be able to give as much free time as possible to my wife and kid. Not putting the brakes on it completely just will wait to see how things pan out.
Forumsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I forgot, I got a real nice piece of manzanita to use in there also.

I have all sorts of moss and subwasertang to put on the branches and such.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #18
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So I went to petco today to look for some nacc, of course they didn't have it. I see they have the dollar per gallon sale and a whole bunch of 20 longs. I say to my wife that its so hard for me not to buy it right now. Hint one.

I get home and find the double sponge filter I ordered off of amazon arrived. I put it in my 12 gallon tank and my wife gives me a weird look. She says it looks very ugly in there and I say it's only temporary. Hint two.

She's on to might at this point so I admit to wanting another tank. I tell her it will not to be till the spring or early summer. She was completely cool with it. That is why I love my wife and the mother of my child. I really hope other guys are half as lucky.

So now that I got the green light from mommy I have the next 4-6 months to plan this thing out. Beyond stoked about it! Hoping people will leave any hints or tricks they have to keeping higher grade CBS. With the new ro/di unit on the way, any tips along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note: I got a little more than I paid for on the sponge filter. I won't come out and say it because I know this is a family forum. Here is a pic though, hint look at number seven hahahahaha
Hope you can read it and I hope I do not offend anyone. Can remove if it is a problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.