Info about the uniquarium.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
thedudeabides
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Info about the uniquarium.

Wanted to start afresh with a new aquarium. Want as little hassle as possible and am willing to pay top dollar for something of high quality. Was researching and stumbled upon the uniquarium. Does anyone have experience with them? Could you use the back of the aquarium kinda sorta like a refugium? (not just to hide heaters but also to keep scuds / daphnia / shrimp / moss) Would a moss wall look good with the colored background? Any info on these would be most appreciated.

Thanks
thedudeabides is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
Kathyy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

My first modern age planted aquarium was a SeaClear II, similar to the tanks you are interested in. I loved the surface skimming and clean look the tank had and hated the poor access to the sump area and lack of depth to the tank - the 36x15" footprint had only a 36x10" display area. Fish that went overboard were doomed as I couldn't get them out of the sump. Cannot imagine doing any work with fauna in the main area of the sump as it is so tight. Worth looking into if you need an all in one setup but do check access and if the tank is deep enough to work with the sort of scape you intend.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
blink
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've got a similar style of tank, just cube shaped.
It definitely has it's downsides, primarily in the reduced display area and in my tank, the filtration was designed for salt water so it's not 100% ideal for freshwater. I find there is not enough fine media and not many options for adding it.

Conversely, I LOVE the all-in-one aspect. Everything is in my tank and hidden, no ugly filter intakes or heaters cluttering up my display space.

My 25 gallon Solana cube

12G Rimless Club
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
thedudeabides
Planted Member

Yeah that is my main pet peeve. I really like the natural look of a planted aquarium and that is killed when you see filters, heaters etc. I would be moving everything from a 40 breeder so I would have to plan accordingly. Thanks for the info.
thedudeabides is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, moss wall, refugium, uniquarium