Josh's Regulator Build Thread - Page 7
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #91
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

PTrader: (86/100%)

What is the model for the Swagelok B-SS4-VH, but with the metering handle on the side so you could do a top mount bubble counter.
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #92
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

PTrader: (104/100%)

B-ss4-a-vh
oldpunk78 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #93
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd603 View Post
Manzpants, search for ebay item #271129947466, they're selling a Swagelok B-SS4 metering valve for $30 including free shipping. They sell for $95 directly from Swagelok.

Here's the link for the B-SS4 on Swagelok's site for more tech info:
http://swagelok.com/search/find_prod...rt=B-SS4&item=
Note that if you want to use this, you will need 1/4" Swagelok to 1/8" NPT fittings.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #94
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

Where can I buy that I can not find that online

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Finnex Pimp #8
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #95
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarbee54 View Post
Where can I buy that I can not find that online

What?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #96
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

B-ss4-a-vh. Where can I buy one I cannot find one online e for sale

Finnex Pimp #8
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #97
Mostro
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
Not sure if I shared these or not :/

Yeah... that's a sweet build...well done sir. I have the same Parker MV and Burkert solenoid as pictured (as do dozens of PT members I'm sure LOL) but still need the SS parts to kit it together. Very nice assembly. I like the reducing elbow, it seems the perfect part. Perhaps a shorter 1/4" nipple... if the AC wires from the solenoid allow for it.

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings." óDave Barry
Mostro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #98
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
That's something you either have to wait and be patient for on eBay or just order it new from Swagelok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostro View Post
Yeah... that's a sweet build...well done sir. I have the same Parker MV and Burkert solenoid as pictured (as do dozens of PT members I'm sure LOL) but still need the SS parts to kit it together. Very nice assembly. I like the reducing elbow, it seems the perfect part. Perhaps a shorter 1/4" nipple... if the AC wires from the solenoid allow for it.
Thank you

I actually like the proportions better with the 2" long nipple. Here's a pic from the front of my regulator:

The Parker at the bottom of that group of pics actually has the 1-1/2" long nipple you're talking about:

Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #99
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (82/98%)

ha
Burkert 2822, I believe it is no more.

some of the recently build systems are in this album, enjoy.
http://s817.beta.photobucket.com/use...%20system%202?
pass: tptvip

Bettatail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #100
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:

a new concoa 212 is around $300 retail, but other chrome plated similar double stage, are $500+ retail, that is why I choose shinny 212 only at low price, if it is too much, I skip it.

the swagelok angle pattern metering valve, there are actually plenty, but with a vernier handle, is kind of rare, the vernier handle alone is $20 from swagelok.

pm'ed, some of the right metering valves on evil bay.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #101
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

Here's an interesting project.

A VCR ported Parker Veriflo IR6000 series.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:18 AM   #102
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

^ Well, I have all the parts in except the cga-320 stuff. Got all the vcr fittings and gaskets and adapters and stuff. I know there are cga parts floating around out there with vcr ends. lol - I have no idea where to look for them though. I just I'll just have to bite the bullet and use a regular npt version. :'(
Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #103
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

Josh, let me know if you need anything for you VCR regulator(before you order them from swagelok), I have VCR connectors/adapters, VCR pressure gauges, isolation valve(solenoid exclusive for VCR, but not call a "solenoid" anymore), VCR check valve, and a couple different models of metering valves in VCR connection.

The VCR ported CGA320 stem is a special order item, will at least double what you paid for the Parker regulator.
you can use a VCR to 1/4" npt female adapter, so hook it up to the CGA 320 stem.

I am building a stand for my 168G planted tank currently(and my first priority, the old particle board stand is about to crumble) , once it is done, the next project is semi-auto water change system and the 55G sump system, then will be a vacuum connection co2 system, mounted under the stand.
need to put the Chell mechanical precision needle valve into use, it is VCR connection
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #104
creekbottom
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ok, regulator gurus... I've been reading and following, and reading and forgetting... I just made my first regulator this weekend but it's a single stage victor. I'm already looking for a dual stage. BUT seeing as ebay is a quagmire here are some questions.

1) What type of regulator is useful for us? (I know this is a huge question, read on) Obviously a CO2 reg will work, what about oxygen, or acetylene, inert gas, nitrogen, argon?

2) Can the connection be changed from one to another? Lots of them come with something other than CGA 320.

3) What about pressure range? Lots will list 0-4000psi and 0-100 psi. So that's high and low sides of the regulator but does the regulator itself decide those pressures or can you just change the gauges to whatever you want?

4) Is brand name important? This might be better answered with a 'what to stay away from.'

Thanks guys, I've really enjoyed learning all this stuff. Keep going with all those shiny new regulators!
creekbottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #105
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekbottom View Post
Ok, regulator gurus... I've been reading and following, and reading and forgetting... I just made my first regulator this weekend but it's a single stage victor. I'm already looking for a dual stage. BUT seeing as ebay is a quagmire here are some questions.

1) What type of regulator is useful for us? (I know this is a huge question, read on) Obviously a CO2 reg will work, what about oxygen, or acetylene, inert gas, nitrogen, argon?

2) Can the connection be changed from one to another? Lots of them come with something other than CGA 320.

3) What about pressure range? Lots will list 0-4000psi and 0-100 psi. So that's high and low sides of the regulator but does the regulator itself decide those pressures or can you just change the gauges to whatever you want?

4) Is brand name important? This might be better answered with a 'what to stay away from.'

Thanks guys, I've really enjoyed learning all this stuff. Keep going with all those shiny new regulators!
well, I refuse to answer because the answer will be pages long, so my best advice is to keep reading.

just kidding, wait for my pm, will show you the direction on what and where to get.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.