I have no idea what to do about this
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
BarefootPixie
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question

I have no idea what to do about this

So I came home to my parents' house to find that my mom had gotten 6 zebra danios and tried to shove them into a 2 gallon tank. Needless to say they were not healthy and not happy. There are now only 3 left and my mom has completely washed her hands of them, saying they were too complicated to take care of and that I was "being mean to her" by insisting she get a bigger tank and some real plants. So now they're mine. The problem is that when I go back up to school in a few days I still can't get a bigger tank because my apartment complex has a 4 gallon limit and I already have a betta. I don't have a LFS I can take them to and even if I did I doubt they would take these poor fish, as there was an ich outbreak a couple weeks ago and one of them has a spinal deformity. Should I just try and make the best of the 2 gallon?
BarefootPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
tomfromstlouis
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Or find a local fishkeeper who will take them (Craigslist?).

Oh, please slap your mom for me.
RAOK Club #76

220g altum, 75g high tech, 6g shrimp: one office, three tanks http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=183658
tomfromstlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
Axelrodi202
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfromstlouis View Post
Oh, please slap your mom for me.
Ouch!

But yeah, Craiglist is probably your best option.
\_\
Axelrodi202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #4
tropicalmackdaddy
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Where did your mom purchase/get them from? She must've gotten them from a store or somebody else that knows how to care for them.
Good luck
Old 01-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
BarefootPixie
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalmackdaddy View Post
Where did your mom purchase/get them from? She must've gotten them from a store or somebody else that knows how to care for them.
Good luck
She got them from Petsmart. I couldn't find the reciept for them so that was out. I completely forgot about Craigslist! I almost never go there so it slipped my mind. I guess I'll see if anyone there wants them.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
HybridHerp
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

I doubt you'll find a solution to this really. If it was something larger than yes, but I don't hear of too many rescue stories of small fish that are worth less than a dollar.

If I knew they weren't diseased, I'd honestly just feed them to a larger fish that I already have or something, unless you knew a friend into the hobby or something.
HybridHerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
BarefootPixie
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHerp View Post
I doubt you'll find a solution to this really. If it was something larger than yes, but I don't hear of too many rescue stories of small fish that are worth less than a dollar.

If I knew they weren't diseased, I'd honestly just feed them to a larger fish that I already have or something, unless you knew a friend into the hobby or something.
Oh... well there are only three of them left, so I guess a lot of people wouldn't even bother. Also there was an ich outbreak recently and although I've been treating the whole tank and haven't seen any ich in like 2 weeks I don't know if anyone would be willing to add them to their tanks. Ich sucks. >_<
Anyway my mom decided not to let me have them after all, so what it comes down to now is I could try and find someone to take them in her area or I can try to convince her to at least get some real plants if she's not going to take my advice and get a bigger tank and more fish. Right now she only has 2 plastic plants in that tank. >_<

Tags
overcrowding, zebra danio