Has anyone made the switch form cigarettes to e-cigs? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #31
Yamaz
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

good luck and keep us posted on you journey
Yamaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #32
beedee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

no. I respect myself and others enough not to smoke.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #33
nalu86
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

I smoked for 10 years, was a heavy smoker 2 pack a day. When I met my wife, I went down to 5-10 cig a day. My wife told me when we married, you have 1 year to quit smoking. I didn't feel like it, so I waited until the last day to quit. That day we were at the mall, some good looking girl was promoting e-cig, bought a kit for $200, well, it was crap. I started to do research on it because I tough it was the perfect way to quit smoking. Bought myself an eGo kit, loved it!! Started figuring out witch tastes I liked the most. I went the fruity way.
Now we are married for 3 years, and I've been smoking my e-cig for 2 years. Started with 18mg nicotine, went down to 0mg nicotine and just vape because I love it!

Going back in time, the hardest part not to go back to analogs was the first month, when you are over your first month, you will start hating analogs. They will smell like cr*p. And you will go around smokers.

I tried to smoke 3 analogs in the last 2 years, after 1 puf you will just throw them away.

Good luck and try the different tastes, the cig tastes suck the most, try fruits, coffee or chocolate.

I buy my liquids from http://www.mister-e-liquid.com , I tried a whole lot of different e liq providers and imo, he came out the best.

an 8oz bottle ($75) lasts me 2.5- 3 months.

Again, I wish you the best and go for it, you won't regret it!

If you want to know more, send me a PM.
2x 75g+ 40B Tilapia outgrow tanks
20H Philippine blue Angelfish breeders + fry
20L CPD and Shrimp tank
10g Apisto Gibbiceps

Bengal: Meisje
Savannah Cat: Kimchee
nalu86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #34
nalu86
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavecorps View Post
Smokeless image's volt products work with it and they have tube attachments. For right now I am just going to carry 5 cartomizers with me every day in a tiny carrying case I have. I'll just top off the cartomizers before they run dry for now.

For me, I think it's going to be best if I try to make the whole experience as close to cigarettes as possible. I'm so addicted to smoking it's insane, so it's going to be important for me to re-create that experience as closely as possible so I stay away from cigarettes as I wean myself down to 0mg cartomizers over the next several months.
\

I started also this way, its a pain, your cartomizers will leak after couple of days and you will get tired of it. You should upgrade as fast as possible if you like the e-cig. Buy yourself a carto tank, also upgrade to 510 thread batterys around 1000mAh.
20L CPD and Shrimp tank
10g Apisto Gibbiceps

Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #35
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
Thanks for the useless comment.

The whole point of this thread is about quitting smoking, so I dont see how your "holier than thou" attitude is constructive or helpful to this topic.
slavecorps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #36
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalu86 View Post
\

I started also this way, its a pain, your cartomizers will leak after couple of days and you will get tired of it. You should upgrade as fast as possible if you like the e-cig. Buy yourself a carto tank, also upgrade to 510 thread batterys around 1000mAh.
The biggest reason I don't want to do the carto tanks is that I don't have anywhere to keep them when I am out and about. I live in the city and use public transportation for everything and I don't really want to carry a bag full of accessories everywhere I go just for vaping. It might be good for at my apartment, but most of the time I'm not here, and being a college student I don't have a desk I can keep them at while I'm out at classes. I don't even carry books to class, just a binder and pen because I hate having a lot of stuff with me. To me it's a bigger pain to carry larger accessories I can't fit in my pockets.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #37
gordonrichards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (333/99%)
Send a message via Yahoo to gordonrichards

Switch to no smoking!
You'll save money and its very healthy for you.
gordonrichards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #38
nalu86
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavecorps View Post
The biggest reason I don't want to do the carto tanks is that I don't have anywhere to keep them when I am out and about. I live in the city and use public transportation for everything and I don't really want to carry a bag full of accessories everywhere I go just for vaping. It might be good for at my apartment, but most of the time I'm not here, and being a college student I don't have a desk I can keep them at while I'm out at classes. I don't even carry books to class, just a binder and pen because I hate having a lot of stuff with me. To me it's a bigger pain to carry larger accessories I can't fit in my pockets.

The whole thing together fits perfectly in my pocket, people think its a pen.

Why would you have to carry a whole bag of accessories? you only need to fill up your tank 1 time and you are good for a whole day.

Its a pain to walk around with a bottle liq and have to drip every couple of puffs. Carto tank you just fill it up before you leave the house and you should be good for a whole day. I never carry anything more than my PV around. And its more in my hand than in my pocket.
20L CPD and Shrimp tank
10g Apisto Gibbiceps

Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #39
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

You know, I can't be the only person who's gone online researching for the *best* brand of Ecig and found that it is absolutely impossible to choose because they all clearly have people posting positive reviews for them. I've tried one brand. Are any of the others actually any better or worse?

With that in mind, could those people advocating specific brands and accessories please be a bit more elaborative *coughnalucough* on what the heck they're talking about? I understand how an Ecig works, but I have no idea what a cartomizer is, or a tank, or the "thread type" in reference to batteries.

You don't have to advocate anything. Just post some links. I'm pretty desperate, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks for the input!
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #40
Zefrik
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
I don't smoke either and I don't go around spewing out crap like that. Let people talk about there problems without you incessantly littering forums with useless posts. Everybody has there own problems and I am sure you do too.
Zefrik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #41
nalu86
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo911 View Post
You know, I can't be the only person who's gone online researching for the *best* brand of Ecig and found that it is absolutely impossible to choose because they all clearly have people posting positive reviews for them. I've tried one brand. Are any of the others actually any better or worse?

With that in mind, could those people advocating specific brands and accessories please be a bit more elaborative *coughnalucough* on what the heck they're talking about? I understand how an Ecig works, but I have no idea what a cartomizer is, or a tank, or the "thread type" in reference to batteries.

You don't have to advocate anything. Just post some links. I'm pretty desperate, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks for the input!
On :e-cigarette-forum they have a live chat function, you can ask all your Q .
20L CPD and Shrimp tank
10g Apisto Gibbiceps

Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #42
Razorworm
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I started smoking at the age of 10. I was handed sample paks of cigs on NUMEROUS occasions in downtown Chicago. I quit when my wife got preg with our first child. I had several relapses ( alcohol related ) but now don't even think about it. It was a hell of a journey and I do not envy anyone who trys to quit. I will say though, that I am proud and supportive of anyone who does try. It's noteasy and IMO there are no easy ways, but the end result is soooo worth it.

If I could offer any advise it would be this....start working out diligently and eating better. You will quickly feel and look better and this will give you the strength to continue.
Razorworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
Rev2eight
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterbug View Post
I quit with Chantix too.
After 10 or so years of smoking, I also quit with Chantix. Been smoke free since Sept. 12, 2012. I will say, it's not a miracle drug. You still really have to want to quit but it was a hell lot easier with the drug.
Rev2eight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #44
kruzerman
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

I smoked for 15 years and quit cold turkey. It took a few tries to kick them completely though. It helped that my wife quit smoking at the same time and we moved to a new apartment that we refused to smoke in. I used baby carrots as my crutch. Every time I wanted to smoke I would eat the carrots instead. That worked. Its been about 5 years since I quit and I have had a few going out with friends over the past few years and each time the cigarettes tasted worse and worse. I was at a wedding in December and had one drag and it was disgusting! I think I have quit for good now. Just don't take away my cigars. Nothing beats a fine cigar and a nice single malt scotch on a warm spring or fall evening.
kruzerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #45
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well, it's been a few weeks since I got my e cigarette equipment, nicotine liquid, and filling supplies and haven't had a cigarette since. I could not be any happier. I could not go anywhere in the last 16 years without worrying first about cigarettes and smoking. I feel very liberated and already have noticed positive changes in my health. My gums are turning pink again instead of the sickly gray color they stayed while I was smoking, my tounge looks healthier (sounds weird, but it's true, it had a yellow/brown coating on it all the time when I smoked), I don't feel the tightness in my chest that I have felt for a long time when I wake up, and I am really able to notice how terrible cigarettes really smell when I pass by someone who is smoking. I have no desire to touch a cigarette again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.