Betta questions?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
SsHhRrIiMmPp
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Betta questions?

Hello there. I'm ready to mate my bettas but I have a few questions can I breed and raise fry that have fungal medication in the water. Also can they be in like kinda salty water ( brackish sort of like 1 tea spoon a gallon). And are there other alternatives other than infusoria, things that need a started culture, etc because I can't go to the pet store and if I do they won't have it anyways... Maybe I can work with infusoria or buy so brine shrimp but I'm afraid that it can cause swim bladder and Idk about infusoria. My bettas fins are like kinda torn so I added recommended dosage amount of fungal medication. So is recommended dose to much for the betta fry or will it just be okay... I will start breeding them in a week or two when the male is ready ( has bubble nest done ).
SsHhRrIiMmPp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
babystarz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsHhRrIiMmPp View Post
Hello there. I'm ready to mate my bettas but I have a few questions can I breed and raise fry that have fungal medication in the water. Also can they be in like kinda salty water ( brackish sort of like 1 tea spoon a gallon). And are there other alternatives other than infusoria, things that need a started culture, etc because I can't go to the pet store and if I do they won't have it anyways... Maybe I can work with infusoria or buy so brine shrimp but I'm afraid that it can cause swim bladder and Idk about infusoria. My bettas fins are like kinda torn so I added recommended dosage amount of fungal medication. So is recommended dose to much for the betta fry or will it just be okay... I will start breeding them in a week or two when the male is ready ( has bubble nest done ).
I'm confused, is the male already in the breeding tank? If so, you should definitely move him back to his own tank and treat him there. And he certainly doesn't sound like he's in any condition to breed right now anyways. Torn fins should be treated with aquarium salt. Unless he actually has a fungus the fungus medication won't help.

I suggest you read all of the pages on breeding & fry rearing on this website:
Breeding
http://www.bettatalk.com/breeding_bettas.htm
Rearing Fry
http://www.bettatalk.com/rearing_the_fry.htm
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
binbin9
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

What Kind of Bettas are you breeding?
binbin9 is offline   Reply With Quote