Bristlenose pleco
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Ben94
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Bristlenose pleco

I have a 27 gallon semi-planted tank that houses 3 guppies, 5 kuhli loaches, and 4 nerite snails. It's filtered by a fluval 206 and the temp stays at 78. I was wondering if I could add 2 bn plecos? If not then maybe just 1?
Ben94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
TropicalCorys
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I would recommend only one. Depending on your water parameters and what kind of media you have in your fluval 206 it really comes down to how you feel your filter can keep up with your stock. They are great little suckers but the produce lots of waste. I would not get two though. I have a 55 Gal with one and he/she keeps it well from algae. Hope this helps.
TropicalCorys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

i have 6 adult albino blue eyes in my 29 with no probs. about 50% water change every 2-4 weeks and all is good. i even have some babies in the tank but it is well planted
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
Ben94
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well I think I'm going to get one juvie and grow that one out for a while then if all goes well I'll buy another adult of the opposite gender.
Ben94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

ill tell you know i have been trying that myself and its really kinda hard to find just one adult unless you want to spend a fair bit of money. i have been looking for an adult long fin brown male for a couple of months most people only want to sell babies or pairs. it can be done though. they are great fish but mine tend to be kinda shy but so pretty and i myself like the long fin type they look like they are just floating around but the short fin are nice too. and they come in so many colors. i know of brown/chocolate, albino, albino with blue eyes, calico, green dragon, and red dragon bn so look around and see what you like cause they all come in both short and long fin
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote