Has anyone made the switch form cigarettes to e-cigs? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 12-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #16
jflng
PTO

PTrader: (87/100%)

I've been using ecigs for almost a year, and haven't touched a cigarette in 8 or so months. They work, but I don't like them for many reasons. One day I'll get tired of dealing with the ecigs and quit those too.

Don't bother with the drugstore or mall kiosk ecigs. They're no good, and way overpriced. Get yourself a manual power eGo ecig, and order the juices from vendors online. Check here for info, advice, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo911 View Post
Unfortunately, there's only been one (that I'm aware of, as of maybe 6 months ago) *independent* study involving the intake of nicotine via e-cigs. That study concluded that the inhalation of vaporized nicotine was a completely ineffective method of introducing nicotine to the bloodstream. As in, didn't work, not even a tiny bit.
It is a poor method to intake nicotine, but it still works. It doesn't hit you as fast, but will make you spin after a few puffs of strong eliquid.

Ecigs are a crutch for your habit, but shouldn't be a permanent fix. They should probably be used as an aid in quitting the addiction altogether. That's my goal anyway.
jflng is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflng View Post
I've been using ecigs for almost a year, and haven't touched a cigarette in 8 or so months. They work, but I don't like them for many reasons. One day I'll get tired of dealing with the ecigs and quit those too.

Don't bother with the drugstore or mall kiosk ecigs. They're no good, and way overpriced. Get yourself a manual power eGo ecig, and order the juices from vendors online. Check here for info, advice, etc.

It is a poor method to intake nicotine, but it still works. It doesn't hit you as fast, but will make you spin after a few puffs of strong eliquid.

Ecigs are a crutch for your habit, but shouldn't be a permanent fix. They should probably be used as an aid in quitting the addiction altogether. That's my goal anyway.

Yeah, I ordered a Bloog maxx fusion the other day because I think I need to start out with something similar to a cigarette and I've heard mostly good things about it. A lot of people on that site seem to like the Bloog and many say it's one of the best of the cigarette style devices. That forum is the one that I've been using to learn about the devices and peoples' experiences with the e-cigs. I got a bunch of disposable Njoys from my mom last week, so I started with those since they're free to me, but I wouldn't buy a disposable with my money. So far though, I've been doing well with the Njoy disposables she gave me. I'm hoping the Bloog maxx fusion gets here in the next few days though.
slavecorps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #18
DeeJayA1
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

1.0.0. suckas!!!

I made the switch to an e-cig... worked for 4 months until i found myself running out of juice and it was so much easier to buy a pack. it's definitely a good substitute for the "habit" smokers... here in l.a., there are vape stores popping up just like the "other" plant stores... <---is that "forum safe" to say??? :P

^^^a collection of mix downloads inspired in part by my fish tank
DeeJayA1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #19
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (87/98%)

can't give up the joy, but limit to one cig a day now.
it is the point that felt terribly wrong that ended the habit of half to a pack a day for the last 14 years.
Bettatail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #20
Yamaz
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

You should try Volcano e-cigs they are the best. it helped me quit for a couple months. I still use it every once and a while as i roll my own cigs now. I am going to try to use it more so i can cut down on smoking again.
I recommended it to my friend who smokes 2 packs a day. hes now down to 1/2 a pack a day for the past several months.
Yamaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #21
Yamaz
Planted Member

http://www.volcanoecigs.com/
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #22
ErikO
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

If you want to quit cigs - Chantix.
ErikO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #23
flutterbug
Algae Grower

I quit with Chantix too.

55 gallon
flutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #24
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'd like to use Chantix, but I don't have health insurance. Chantix is also nephrotoxic and since I only have one kidney due to donating the other one, that scares me.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #25
ErikO
Algae Grower

Insurance doesn't pay for mine @ $ 200/month. I was spending $ 100 per WEEK on cigarettes. You may want to talk with your Doctor.
ErikO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #26
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

I would talk to a doctor, but I don't have one. I haven't had one in many years and I don't want to pay for a consult.

ErikO- you must have smoked a lot of cigarettes @ $100 a week! I spend maybe $125 a month on smokes.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #27
Yamaz
Planted Member

Volcano Inferno kit is $75 kit w/2 batteries, tube tank, charger, 15ml bottle of liquid and case. 15ml is about 1 carton. 15ml is $12.99 & 30ml is $19.99 your choice of 8mg, 16mg or 24mg nicotine. Its also legal to smoke in any public place. Just remember treat this like a actual cig. 8-10 puffs per cig so 8-10 puffs per ecig.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #28
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

Already ordered a Bloog Maxx Fusion because I wanted a cigarette like experience. 2 Batteries, 5 cartomizers, PCC, usb plug, and 10mL of RY4 24mg for under $50. Also ordered extra blank cartomizers and a 30ml bottle of Highbrow coconut flavored e-juice. I should be good for a while after my stuff gets here.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:01 AM   #29
Yamaz
Planted Member

it looks like a volcano Inferno...i noticed they dont offer a tube tank. you should see if volcano tube tank will fit on the bloog. the tube tank is key...you dont have to carry around the bottle of juice.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:19 AM   #30
slavecorps
Planted Tank Obsessed

Smokeless image's volt products work with it and they have tube attachments. For right now I am just going to carry 5 cartomizers with me every day in a tiny carrying case I have. I'll just top off the cartomizers before they run dry for now.

For me, I think it's going to be best if I try to make the whole experience as close to cigarettes as possible. I'm so addicted to smoking it's insane, so it's going to be important for me to re-create that experience as closely as possible so I stay away from cigarettes as I wean myself down to 0mg cartomizers over the next several months.

I can't wait for my equipment to come! I want to get rid of the cigarette stains on my fingers and teeth. I want to be able to wear my wool coat and my suit without worrying about smelling like an ashtray. I want to be able to go into the elevators at my apartment without watching nonsmokers cover their noses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.