Unwanted fry
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
ShyShrimpDoc
ScrimpMaster

PTrader: (10/100%)

Unwanted fry

In case there any one has more fry/ small fish than they desire, my salvini is always looking for tasty tank mates. They need to be the size of an adult guppy or smaller.
ShyShrimpDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
HypnoticAquatic
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

how is that little guy/girl working out for ya? guppys or endlers are great feeders as they breed like rabbits, staying with the small food will make it less messy rather than having leftovers around lol.
HypnoticAquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
ShyShrimpDoc
ScrimpMaster

PTrader: (10/100%)

Yeah. The endlers work good, they just aren't really keeping up with his appetite. I gave him a large female amano the other day (I dont know why). That was a mistake, he ate the head and the eggs, but left the rest to rot. He can handle almost a full size guppy. Does ok with the small minnows from petsmart, but it scares me to get him commercial feeders. I just don't know what they might have. He's growing pretty quick. He's pretty bold around the boyfriend and I, but when the kids are around he tends to hide a lot. I was wondering if maybe getting him a girlfriend would fix that. I realize they will outgrow the tank faster that way, but the point was for the kids to be able to watch him.
ShyShrimpDoc is offline   Reply With Quote