29 Gallon Planted Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Grant427
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default 29 Gallon Planted Tank

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to planted tanks. Have been keeping large fish in tanks between 400 and 700 gallons for a few years, but want to try something new. I have done some research and dug up what I can around the house to set up the tank at a low cost. I found my Coralife 30" T5 fixture, takes (2) 31W bulbs (I just ordered new ones online - one is 6700K and the other 10000K). Not sure what kind of flow you want in a planted tank, I have an Aquaclear 110 and an FX5 laying around that I can use. Been looking for a CO2 system, either buying or building one. Does this equipment list look like it should set me up alright? What substrate should I use? Not exactly sure on the plants I want to keep, but I want a Dwarf Hairgrass carpet, with some bushy red plants in the back. Plant suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Grant
Grant427 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
planted, tank