So tell me how it looks - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 12-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #16
R.sok
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I like it, but I think that middle wood piece seems out of place & would probably used different rocks
R.sok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
Greg-Brooklyn-NYC
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Blah blah blah. If you like it and it makes you happy, and you enjoy the amount of maintenance required, then mission accomplished. The tank looks good (better than most of the pictures people post in "your tanks"). Can it be better, sure. Even the best can always be done better, if you have unlimited time, money, and patience. Take out the center piece with the moss on the top and that's the only change I would suggest other than redoing the tank 3x/day compulsively (which I have done and no one thinks any of them look bad except for people who don't understand this is a hobby meant for enjoyment) until every reply here says the tank is perfect (impossible lol). Any girl/guy you have over will love the tank and you will get what you were looking for . Takashi Amano was an award winning photographer long before he was an aquascaper. If he were an ordinary citizen as our Freud, golden ratio and triangles wouldn't be all the rage, biotopes and difficulty of the tank (like a planted cichlid tank with mostly soft stems etc). Just as museums have a lot of art that most would agree is important for the period but looks retarded, your only question on how a tank looks should be to yourself. If you have a lot of time and don't mind tinkering and extra maintenance (mind you tinkering makes certain plants melt repeatedly), then know you can always improve. If you have a larger budget or work hard, then going with a larger tank progressively usually follows. Low tech with stunning visual color variations is personally more impressive than most of what high tech churns out however either affording or finding certain rare plants/mosses/wood/rocks throws that theory out the window. The further along you get, the more you will either bang your head against the wall or simply look at the tank and fall into that amazing trance we are all so addicted to, realizing nothing complicated is necessary. Looking one more time you could contour your substrate more effectively but since you picked a perfect size and color you tank still looks great, I wish one of my first few looked as good.
Greg-Brooklyn-NYC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
forester
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

i like it !! think the way the DW on left and right kinda look like one piece but just half buried , not so crazy bout the piece in middle but i like the rocks u got in there ! think it is gonna look awesome once everythin fills in ^^
forester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Beautiful
partobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #20
vqfive
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Looks good for your first plant tank. I like lots of colored plants I would add more plants but if you like the look that is whats important.
vqfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.