LFS in Michigan - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #31
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo minsi View Post
was out in sterling heights on monday so i tried to hit some stores out that way. Bit of a let down, 2 of the stores had gone out of business, great lakes aquariums was closed (wtf who's closed sun, mon, tues, weds) and the last one had a mediocre list of fish. best pets on dequindre was the only one open and they had so few fish in there tanks not sure why and almost no plants.

Greatlakesaquariums when I went like last year there main thing is aquariums obviously but they had a few tanks of saltwater stuff. Best Pets everytime I go there sounds the same as you described. I'll have to check out and found out where Pet Vendor I'll have to stop in there.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #32
Blackheart
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo minsi View Post
best pets on dequindre was the only one open and they had so few fish in there tanks not sure why and almost no plants.
This isn't too far from me. This place is like a complete dump. Don't even waste your time. There aren't hardly even any LFS around this area that have many plants, or even worthwhile plants
Blackheart is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #33
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
This isn't too far from me. This place is like a complete dump. Don't even waste your time. There aren't hardly even any LFS around this area that have many plants, or even worthwhile plants

Ouch! Why do you consider it a dump? I don't really consider it a dump. I've been in there quite a few times and I don't think I've ever bought anything. To me I understand that places have to have products that people will buy but it's not the place has fish that no one else has. Plus I think the last time I was there I don't know if they had some of the lights off to make the tanks standout more or not. Let's just put it this way I wouldn't stop in if I didn't pass by it from leaving work to go home. There's other nice LFS that I would go to. That's just my two pennies.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #34
Blackheart
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Because it's not exactly clean looking in there lol And Even the way they keep their other animals, not aquatic, they don't take care of them it looks like and stuff them in small containers.
Blackheart is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #35
"Got light?"
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

How come MY store didn't make the list ??

Oh that's right.... I went out of business a year after PetSmart moved in next door to me (F@%KERS!!!)

Aquatic Life Inc - Clinton Twsp
R.I.P. 1999
Old 12-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #36
zoo minsi
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Stopped by pet connection in livonia this weekend. Had a fair selection,no discus only a few angels. one wall was mostly cichlids. lots of different tetras, barbs and the usual. Had a good selection of cory cats which made me happy. picked up some pandas for my tank. They had a fair amount of live plants nothing really exciting but they looked decent. over all at least worth stopping by if your in the area.
zoo minsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Got light?" View Post
How come MY store didn't make the list ??

Oh that's right.... I went out of business a year after PetSmart moved in next door to me (F@%KERS!!!)

Aquatic Life Inc - Clinton Twsp
R.I.P. 1999
That's sucks! Where was your store? That's really close to me.

Zoo that's nice to hear bought some pandas. I love mine.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #38
Rexthecrayfish
Algae Grower

VIPETS in cutlerville and genison are pretty good too.
Rexthecrayfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #39
jellie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

I just wanted to extend my thanks to all the MI folks for compiling this list. I was in state this week and had done my homework to find that I would be near Blue Fish Aquarium in Grandville and it was lovely beyond my expectations! Exciting stock from nano-fish to plants, a vivarium section, all healthy and they're even expanding in January. Makes me want to go back. Actually I did go back, within 24hrs and snagged myself the rest of their Nannoptopoma sp. "Peru" in stock I was helped by one of the co-owners and he was happy to pack my fish for the long drive home. Spoiled my fishies. It was easy to see that he loved the hobby. He told me that he has his own fishroom and a total of 36 tanks. Ahhhhhh <3

And my dad recommended VIPets but I didn't get that far. See you next time, MI!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #40
crazydog64
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

To be honest with you the VIPest < (see what I did there?) was not a good fish store experience. Empty tanks, sickly looking fish and non attentive workers make me avoid that place in the future. If you do happen to return, Blue Fish in Grandville and Preuss Pets in Lansing are absolutely amazing.
crazydog64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #41
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog64 View Post
To be honest with you the VIPest < (see what I did there?) was not a good fish store experience. Empty tanks, sickly looking fish and non attentive workers make me avoid that place in the future. If you do happen to return, Blue Fish in Grandville and Preuss Pets in Lansing are absolutely amazing.
I work at the one in plainfield and i am the person to go to if you need help with your fish or tanks. i been in the hobby for 12 years.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #42
Rawkout
Algae Grower

I've been going to Moby Dicks in Waterford for livestock for my tanks. They have a decent variety and I haven't gotten sick fish.

I even special ordered a Marineland aquatic pant led there for less than most online prices.

Their plants however aren't all that hot and don't look very cared for.

Any suggestions on a reliable plant vendor ~30 miles around the Waterford area?

Last edited by Rawkout; 01-10-2013 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: spelling
Rawkout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #43
MarineEdge
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

Ocean Odyssey and Aquatic Gardens (AQ might be out of business now tho, last two times i went to the store it was closed) in the saginaw area. Both arent the greatest but all we really have in the area

RAOK Member #47
MarineEdge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
Stella Blue
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant keeper View Post
I work at the one in plainfield and i am the person to go to if you need help with your fish or tanks. i been in the hobby for 12 years.
Nice.... I stop in there once in awhile, as my bank is right next door! All the VIPs have a friendly staff and decent stock of fish. But a horrible selection of plants!

Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
MJWaan

yeah living in royal oak the shops arent verry good around this area when it comes to plants. I hate only having a choice of only the big name stores cause no one in these stores know what there talking about and the dont carry verry much for plants.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.