Setting up semi-aquatic aquariums...AKA paludariums
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 12-22-2005, 12:54 AM   #1
mIkYtImIk

PTrader: (0/0%)

Setting up semi-aquatic aquariums...AKA paludariums

Hi,

I want to know if any body knows how to set up a paludarium, or semi-aquatic setup, because I am having a bad time setting up one. The tank that I am going to make a paludatium, is a standard 55g tank. I am thinking maybe 50% water and 50% land. On water, I plan to keep German blue rams and tetras, or possibly angelfishes, while on land, I plan to keep red eye tree frogs, maybe between 5-8 of them.
mIkYtImIk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2005, 05:18 AM   #2
skylsdale
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I would pick one or the other...trying to combine "the best of both worlds" into one tank is NOT going to happen. The red-eyes are arboreal, and would actually prefer a vertical enclosure with large-leafed plants to hang out in. I can't see (or recommend) keeping angelfish in any water shallower than the full height of that tank, especially when they are adults. I would even hesitate on rams, considering the depth you're going to get while still trying to maintain some sort of terrestrial substrate for the frogs as well.

I would say go with one or the other.