ten gallon planted
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Pearl2011
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

ten gallon planted

I currently have a ten gallon with 4 bettas in it and during x mas break i woul like to change it to sand. i have fake gravel and fake plants so should i leave these in so there is good bacteria and then add the plants? Or is there a better method? I have a whisper 10i by tetra in the tank. would this be okay with the sand or should i put something over the intake?
I would be putting the plants from my 3.5 gallon QT in the ten before they go in the 25 gallon amazonian bio-type. I currently have a really strong light so ill be getting some duck weed. (or a desk lamp over the tank, only thing i have that not a fire hazard). I'll be getting more Dwarf Sword and Anacharis today and whatever other plants they have. Go 2 for 1 deals!
My only complaint is that they dont label the plants so should probably go look them up now . . . Java Fern, x mas moss, Pygmy chain sword, all the same :p

Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Pearl2011
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

M plan so far, any other idea to make it quicker and less stressful?
1. Put fish in bucket with there plants (should i ut the heater in or put that in another bucket?)
2. Scoop out gravel
3. Add sand
4. Add a bit of water then siphon out
5. Fill halfway add the plants
6.Take 25% water out then re-add some
7. Put filter and heater and leave for 10min for dust to settle
8. Add fishh

I've already cleaned the sand a while ago and its been sitting in a bucket, should i rinse again just to make sure its completely dist free or is that a waste of time?
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote