Schuber-Wright 6g office tank - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #76
toastedtoast
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
I will let you know my thoughts if I buy one.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. As I'm sitting at my desk this evening, it really struck me how quiet this finnex canister filter is once you get all the air out. Granted, I have it sitting on a foam mat to prevent vibration noise but it seems at least as quiet as my 2213 and it's much closer to my head.
toastedtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #77
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

thanks for the info on order... i just cleaned my tank today... good to know the 'sack' of purgen fits (I assume you just bought the sack premade) .. i'm slow so i bought the stuff loose (ack)

what c02 system are you using?
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #78
toastedtoast
Algae Grower

I have the Atomic Nano V3 regulator, with an adapter to a 20oz paintball tank. It works really well, though I have a few issues with it--mainly the lack of a high-pressure gauge. Since working pressure is fixed it would make much more sense to see when the tank is about to run out then to see the working pressure.

Here's a cell phone snapshot of my filter/CO2 setup, sorry for the poor quality. I've used a milk crate to reduce the length of filter hoses somewhat, since it seems to slow down some with longer hoses (regardless of height). The milk crate also makes a convenient frame to zip-tie the CO2 canister in place and prevent it from getting knocked over.

Since the filter etc are in the corner under my desk I haven't taken much care about how they look--though I should probably try and improve that somewhat.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #79
golfer_d
Planted Member

Got your blades at work too....nice!
golfer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #80
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

thanks!
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #81
toastedtoast
Algae Grower

Happy 2013 everyone! I've been pretty busy since the holiday, and have been neglecting both the tank and this thread.

I was away for a week over christmas, and while a coworker volunteered to feed the fish a couple of times I didn't want to complicate things with adding ferts. On coming back I was surprised to find that green algae on the glass was the only problem that had developed.

I've been working on it, but you can see it's still a long way from gone. I think it will just take some time to stabilize again now that I've restarted fert dosing. The whole tank also badly needs a trim--hopefully I get around to doing it some time next week.