The Planted Tank Forum banner

Borneo Wild products - reviews?

122K views 347 replies 67 participants last post by  Razvan Virna 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post your review of any Borneo Wild product. They seem to have a ton of various things for shrimp so I would like to hear some opinions if you used anything made by them.

So far I have used:
Dance breeding liquid
Growth Food
Barley Food

I have to say that I'm really really pleased with their products. I have tried probably 10 different foods and my shrimp like the BorneoWild stuff the best.

I'm looking to get some Humic and Shield. Anybody use these two? Should I be picking up something else as well?

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185317

EDIT:
I now own all these...let me know if anybody has questions about specific ones.

Thanks.

See less See more
#245 ·
Guys I have a question about Color. What exactly does this supplement do?
I mean Stout will make the shell shiny and colorful, White will bring the white out of the shrimp more, and Crimson will bring out the red.
What does Color exactly do? I'm just wondering if Color will have no effect if I already use Stout, White, and Crimson without overlapping its purpose...

#247 ·
This has been a very helpful and interesting thread to read, I would like to thank the contributors.

I think to start with I will try, Shield, Stout and Crimson.

If I had known about these products before I would also get Color food. But I already have some ADA Bee Shrimp food, which I have to use first, then I will try the BW foods.

#248 ·
For everybody that have borneowild spinach... does your square pellets contains any bits of actual green spinach? If I remember correctly I saw a picture of borneowild spinach under water that has little bits of real spinach flying out. But now I read the first two ingredients are soy bean powder then spinach powder.

Plus when I sniffed spinach bottle and frenzy bottle they smell the same. Not to mention the pellets looks the same too.

anyone can chime in on this?

#251 ·
Some questions regarding the BorneoWild Supplements...
1. Is Shield "food" or is it just a supplement that should blend with the water like Crimson and White?

2. How many times do you guys feed Stout, White, Crimson, and Shield?

3. For the best result, when do you guys feed/ use Stout, White, Crimson, and Shield?
-Right after water change so it can stay in the tank as long as possible?

Here's my stash...
I got carried away and bought Mosura products as well xD

#254 ·
For people who've used dance, does it effect neo's at all?

Also, how long do you keep the food in a feeding dish. I've noticed that when I keep it in there for 2 hours or so, they barely eat anything. But when I leave the food in their overnight, they've eaten the whole thing.

#261 ·
Hey guys, may I know what spoon do you guys use for crimson, white, and stout?
Post links and picture of what you guys use. Right now I'm using Baskin Robins tester spoon (the pink spoon).

Plus how many of you guys dose white every 3 days? Crimson, stout, shield once a week?

It just seems odd dosing crimson once a week and white every 3 days... In theory I would run out of white faster than crimson. I hate weird dosing like this :/

Come on borneowild!

#262 ·
I use a chinese herbal medicine spoon. looks like a half sphere and holds approximate a gram.

I dose white once a week. Only dosed it more when my dog tipped the bottle over spilling it on the table. had to use it up as not to contaminate the rest of the bottle. I use Crimson, stout and shield weekly. The dosing depends on the composition of the ingredients. Heavier dosing does not imply it gets metabolized any quicker. these are only optional supplements for things we arent feeding though their staples.

#268 ·
In regards to HUMIC, it says it buffers between 6 - 6.5 range. That is a rather large range so I am trying to think if this is why.

If your initial pH is 7.0, it would buffer down to 6.5 and if initial is 6.5 it will buffer down to 6.0? That would by my guess.

The only reason why I am curious to know is because my PRL tank right now sits at 6.5 pH. The females get berried often and I see babies (newborns) often, but overtime they disappear so not sure if my pH is a little too high for babies. Hoping to get it down to 6.0 or less and see if that makes a difference.

#269 ·
I'm not sure if it works that way I'm afraid... Atleast in my tank.
I use akadama substrate on my 20g long and ph was 6.4 before I add BW Humic to the tank.

Now after putting half container of BW Humic in a stocking pouch on my hob filter... Ph still 6.4 ... BUT I might be color blind and maybe my ph is 6.2!( the color is green with yellow-ish)All I can confirm my ph is not 6.0 though... And API kit doesn't have 6.2ph on its chart lol.

I gotta get those digital ph pen reader!

Edit: maybe if I use the whole bottle/ 60g of Humic in a canister filter with much better flow... The ph could hit 6.0?

*plus my KH reading is 1 (drop) of API KH kit. I'm not sure if my KH is 0 or 1... Definately can effect the ph buffering capability. Btw how people know they have 0KH???

#272 ·
This thread is getting large so to sum up my question…

Can some of the more experienced shrimp-herders chime in on their total BW products that they have and use? Also can you provide samples of a weekly schedule on when to use Foods vs. supplements? I have quite a few of the products and I would like to get on a nice schedule of foods and supplements to make my shrimp happier.

Don

#278 ·
Multipara, Torque, Enlive

"2012-08-03 BorneoWild Launches a series of new shrimp keeping products Multipara, Torque and Enlive. Take your shrimp keeping hobby to newer heights!"
http://www.borneowild.com/mediaroom.php

Multipara is a multi-vitamin, tasty supplement made from natural and organic raw material that draws shrimps to it like bees. Feed as supplement on top of regular food to promote safe moulting and enhance breeding.
Composition: Chitosan, Rice bran, Yeast, Enzyme, Actinomycetes, Lactic acid bacterium.

Torque is an organic catalyst made from natural enzymes of more than 30 types of fruits, plants, seaweeds and rice brand that stimulates growth in shrimps and plant. Use with VIGOR for better, enhanced effect.

BORNEOWILD ENLIVE is a multi-purpose culture of more than 100 types of bacterial in dormant state.
In a new tank set up, it helps to seed the bacterial culture safely and quickly in substrate system as well as in new filters when dosed into water directly. It replenishes bacterial loses after a regular water change, purifies water by decomposing ammonia and nitrite.
For best effect, turn on aeration for 2-3 hours when using Enlive.
Features:
- Matures a new soil system when used as substrate additive
- Replenishes bacterial lost safely after water change - Activates intestinal bacteria in shrimps and fishes bodies when consumed.

:bounce: hopefully it comes with a spoon lol

#282 ·
The spoon that comes with the powders are about a 1/4 tsp but that will dose a very large volume of water compared to our smaller tanks. Adjust dosing using simple ratios and guesstimate, its definitely not analytical chemistry

sent from an undisclosed location using morse code

#283 ·
Any feedback on Enlive and Multipara?

Reading from the ingredients Multipara seems like a breeding food. Maybe compareable to Mosura Gravidas.

The picture on Enlive bottle is very attractive. I probably get it just because of that blue bolt picture lol. Also compareable to Mosura BT-9 from the quote "purifies water by decomposing ammonia and nitrite".

My last question, what is the difference between Bebi and Enlive?

Hope you guys can help. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.