Good Regulator for the Price or can I get better? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 12-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
ekaser
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Darkblade48, the picture is just like what I have. Are you telling me to remove the valve from the body of the regulator and attach the reducer to the body and discard the valve? The nipple is not removable from the valve. Sorry for so many questions. I hope that I can soon contribute rather than just take.

Ed
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #32
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reel1090 View Post
Hi,
I am using a Milwaukee regulator with bubble counter and solenoid. So far it has been reliable. What will a more expensive system buy me?
If it has been reliable, then as the old saying goes "Don't fix what isn't broken"

However, you can always upgrade to a more stable needle valve. My experience (and it is certainly not representative of everyone's experience) is that the MA957 needle valve is a bit floaty for my liking. It takes a while to set and settle down before you can achieve a steady bubble rate.

Better needle/metering valves have rock solid settings, and once set, you can pretty much forget about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
Darkblade48, the picture is just like what I have. Are you telling me to remove the valve from the body of the regulator and attach the reducer to the body and discard the valve? The nipple is not removable from the valve. Sorry for so many questions. I hope that I can soon contribute rather than just take.

Ed
Hi Ed,

You need to remove the part that is boxed in red

You need to attach a reducer to port that is left after removing that part.

You can keep the removed part as a spare part, but it is not needed for our purposes.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #33
ekaser
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Thank you!!!

You have been very helpful Darkblade48. I am excited to get it into action. I can't wait to post some pictures. I found a 20lb. canister, filled, for 125.00. The company will refund 90% of the cost if I return it. Just got my new 120 gal. tank. I hope to have things switched over from my 60 as soon as I have my new stand built.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote