Hi. I'm a noob, please don't judge me (first planted 10g tank)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Wayne Dwops
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default Hi. I'm a noob, please don't judge me (first planted 10g tank)

Hello everyone. I am not really new to fishkeeping as I had a 55g goldfish tank for 12 years but I have never successfully kept a plant alive. But anyway I decided to start a 10g tank, just because. This is what I have so far.

sorry for the bad picture, I forgot how to use my camera.

so this is the Marineland 10g LED kit with Penguin 100b filter. i added a hydro thea? 50watt heater.

the substrate is eco-complete and white sandthat i thought would look neat on one side but i failed and mixed them together more than I wanted.

the plants I have in there are

anacharis floating
wisteria
amazon sword
anubias "assorted"
moneywort
marimo moss ball

I am planning on getting java fern, and java moss. Are there any other plants good for beginners with low-moderate light requirements?

I also need fertilizer ideas. I don't think I'm going to do C02 at this time. From my research it seems I need Flourish Excel and Flourish Comprehensive?

i have no fauna in there but I am planning on getting Celestial Pearl Danios but I don't know what else. I really like Chili Rasboras but I've read that they are harder to care for and need a well-established tank. Does anyone have any other suggestions for fish? I need things that are beginner friendly. I also want a Zebra Nerite Snail because they are lovely.

If you have any other suggestions or if I am doing something wrong please let me know!
Wayne Dwops is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.