Plants dying, concerned with lighting. - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 11-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #16
CandleMaker
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

And are all fixtures compatible with all bulbs pending on size obviously? I was wondering if its even possible to switch the bulb out on the fixture that I have.

This is what I have

http://www.kensfish.com/moreinfo/dee...fw-24inch.html
CandleMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
micheljq
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You mean remove one bulb and put it on the other socket? of course you can.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #18
Kathyy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

As far as I know regular T5 bulbs have the same connector but you do need to get the same watt bulb, an HO bulb won't work properly with your ballast.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
CandleMaker
Algae Grower

Thanks a lot guys I found exactly what I need.

I just picked up a 75 gallon tank which I will get up and running soon. I am definitely going to have many more questions very soon.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #20
dski13
Algae Grower

I just bought the same light and I found that they included the wrong bulb in the fixture. The freshwater version of the Solarmax HE Double T5lighting was supposed to have a 10,000K bulb and a 6,700 K bulb. The box says 10,000K and 6,700 K but the bulbs say different. I just got my light Wednesday so I am trying to get the company to send me the right bulb. You may want to look into it and see if you were supposed to get a 6,700K bulb too. I ordered mine from Kens Fish as well. I have left a message with them but have not heard back yet. You can change the bulbs in this fixture you just need to buy a T5NO bulb and instructions were included in the bag witht he metal feet things.

Also I measured PAR in my 20 Gallon High tank with glass cover (with the 10,000K and Actinic 3 bulb) and I would say the light is medium-low at the substrate. I found par measurements to be around 30-40 micro mol photons per m2 per s at the bottom and up to 120 at the surface right under the lamp. From what I read on this forum this would be med light at the substrate level.
dski13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
Kathyy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

I bet Hoppy would love that information, while that same fixture is represented on the graph more data is always a good thing.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
CandleMaker
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dski13 View Post
I just bought the same light and I found that they included the wrong bulb in the fixture. The freshwater version of the Solarmax HE Double T5lighting was supposed to have a 10,000K bulb and a 6,700 K bulb. The box says 10,000K and 6,700 K but the bulbs say different. I just got my light Wednesday so I am trying to get the company to send me the right bulb. You may want to look into it and see if you were supposed to get a 6,700K bulb too. I ordered mine from Kens Fish as well. I have left a message with them but have not heard back yet. You can change the bulbs in this fixture you just need to buy a T5NO bulb and instructions were included in the bag witht he metal feet things.

Also I measured PAR in my 20 Gallon High tank with glass cover (with the 10,000K and Actinic 3 bulb) and I would say the light is medium-low at the substrate. I found par measurements to be around 30-40 micro mol photons per m2 per s at the bottom and up to 120 at the surface right under the lamp. From what I read on this forum this would be med light at the substrate level.
Yes I read the same thing on the box. They include the wrong bulb,