ATI Coral Plus T5HO?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
switch26
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

ATI Coral Plus T5HO?

Hey all, was at my LFS and was looking to replace a couple lights that came with my AquaticLife T5HO fixture.. They came with a 650 nm roseate i believe and a 6000k 39w bulbs

Anyway, the guy at the store convinced me to get one of the ATI Coral Plus T5HO, they aren't acitinic they just have some of the blueish hue, and from what ive noticed by just replacing the 650nm that my plants are pearling pretty nicely..

Im waiting a wk for my plants to adjust to the new light before i put in the other light i got which was another 39w 6700k light.

The reason for him suggesting the ATI is that it has a more appealing look, which i do like, but said it should still be good enough to grow plants fairly well..

Just wondering if anyone has used these lights in conjunction their fixtures before? and in the long run how it helped the plants? Seems so far they are helping my plants pearl pretty well and early on in the photo period. I am actually surprised
switch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
freph
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)

Looks like it peaks higher in blues than greens or reds, but it's still a great bulb. Plants benefit nicely from red/green spectrum lighting as well...but most of the time it just comes down to preference with choices from 5k~10k. I personally use Geisemann Midday and Aquaflora on my 20g.

ATI Coral Plus

Geisemann Midday

Geisemann Aquaflora
Old 12-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
switch26
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

That's what i was curious about.. The packaging said nothing about what kind of Kelvin rating it had, other than it was 15000k.. Which seems strange because that would tell me that it wouldn't grow plants very well, but my plants were still pearling? so idk..

Ill have the 6700k bulb in there next wk so it should help balance out the color and hopefully works for my plants in the long run.. worse comes to worse ill just switch out the bulb if i am not getting the results I want from the lights and increased co2.. Least i don't really have any algae issues
switch26 is offline   Reply With Quote